OVERTIME : MOAB Deja Vu

We will be arriving Friday morning. Hope to catch up with you guys.]

Glad you guys made it back safe and sound! I'm on my way to Moab right now, id love to wheel with yall!!! ResurrectionJK is meeting me out there

Wish we could meet up with you guys and do some wheeling but we'll be leaving when you get in to town.

What an ordeal! So glad you made it home. Any idea what caused that to happen?

Wow, did the heat from the exhaust manifold do that?

I'm glad to see you both made it back and are using Rubicat now!

Eddie, do you know what cut / rubbed through that wire in Moby's engine bay? It looked like a pretty clean cut.

Heat was not an issue. Hard to say for sure what happened but it looks like vibration/movement caused the wire to start breaking. Me looking for the problem probably caused it to just come apart.

Also curious? Almost looks like some kind of degradation from a solvent destroying insulation of wires?

Negative. The wires were covered in liquid insulation and I had to peel it away to check the wires.

Woo!! Moab again?! Super jealous but excited you guys are putting in some overtime so I can live vicariously through your great photos!

Like I said, it's a tough job but someone's gotta do it :crazyeyes:

I hope that was the main and only culprit. "Wiring fun" is never fun or easy.

I'm looking forward to seeing your quick repair!

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

I hope that was the main and only culprit. "Wiring fun" is never fun or easy.

I'm looking forward to seeing your quick repair!

Been talking to Motech and we'll most likely just upgrade our entire wiring system to the newest setup they're planning to release soon.

Sounds like a better and potentially easier option. I know it will come out well!

Been talking to Motech and we'll most likely just upgrade our entire wiring system to the newest setup they're planning to release soon.

Bottom line, just glad you guys made it back safe and it didn't turn out worse. That could have easily turned into a fire. Moby was probably just pissed you didn't take him last time and wanted to throw a tantrum.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds like a better and potentially easier option. I know it will come out well!

That's what we're thinking. The new setup is like factory.

Bottom line, just glad you guys made it back safe and it didn't turn out worse. That could have easily turned into a fire. Moby was probably just pissed you didn't take him last time and wanted to throw a tantrum.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh yeah, could have been a lot worse and we consider ourselves quite lucky. :yup:

Top Bottom