Mybadjk build

Well the abs is still kicking in.. now it kicks in when breaking at lights and going around corners. Theirs no codes. Had an implausible abs sensor on driver rear. Replaced the axle shaft and the rear break pads. Abs sensor looked good. I have spares. Planning on switching it out. Need to install a unit bearing on the driver front.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I replaced the unit bearing. As I was lowering the Jeep I noticed the tie rod end was bad. Pretty sure it was the tie rod end the whole time.. fml

Image1509727640.458114.jpg

Replacement ruff stuff tie rod came in. Going to get it powdercoated this time.

So I’ve replaced both abs in the rear. Replaced drive unit bearing. Going to order one for the passenger. Not sure what’s making it engage. Wheel is centered. No lights staying on. Just engages traction control when turning and lightly braking. Only thing I could think of is my steering wheel. But it had a code saying the wheel wasn’t centered and rotated it and the light went off. Jeep is about to get set on fire.

View attachment 281901

Replacement ruff stuff tie rod came in. Going to get it powdercoated this time.

So I’ve replaced both abs in the rear. Replaced drive unit bearing. Going to order one for the passenger. Not sure what’s making it engage. Wheel is centered. No lights staying on. Just engages traction control when turning and lightly braking. Only thing I could think of is my steering wheel. But it had a code saying the wheel wasn’t centered and rotated it and the light went off. Jeep is about to get set on fire.

Clockspring maybe? You didn't spin the steering wheel by mistake when the tie rod was off by any chance?

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just catching up on your build. Your jeep looks great, coming along nicely [emoji106]. Sounds like you have been chasing the same problem that I have. I am looking foreword to hearing what you find to be causing it.

Well heard back from the dealership. Said passenger tie rod end is bad (have replacement, waiting on tie rod to get powder coated),and all the ball joints are bad. So the new synergy lowers lasted another 10k maybe.. time for dynatracs

Image1511047283.054701.jpg

Shiny new straight tie rod is on.

Went through my suspension. Torqued ucas and it seems I️ need new bushings for the axle.
Ball joints are loose, but not to bad.

Traction control hasn’t kicked in yet. Straightened steering wheel and it drives good again.

So experienced death wobble for the first time. Made a turn and was getting up to speed and hit a pot hole. Doesn’t help having bad ball joints, and bad upper control bushings. Axle side track bar bolt was loose as well.

I’ve had the replacement synergy’s for over a week. Just been working and too cold to install them. Replacement axle upper control arm bushings will be here tomorrow.

So experienced death wobble for the first time. Made a turn and was getting up to speed and hit a pot hole. Doesn’t help having bad ball joints, and bad upper control bushings. Axle side track bar bolt was loose as well.

I’ve had the replacement synergy’s for over a week. Just been working and too cold to install them. Replacement axle upper control arm bushings will be here tomorrow.

Damn man. Its been giving you fits lately. Glad your working through it though

aka cavfighter

Top Bottom