My life with a Brick

Question, on a PR44 with built in +6 caster do you leave your control arms set where they are now and that in turn tilts the pinion?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The additional caster comes in when they weld the Cs on. So if you compared an oem housing and a prorock side by side, the prorock would have Cs that are slightly at a different angle to add a couple of degrees of more caster. When you install the axle, you really want to try and get your pinion angle and front driveshaft to be perfectly parallel.

The additional caster comes in when they weld the Cs on. So if you compared an oem housing and a prorock side by side, the prorock would have Cs that are slightly at a different angle to add a couple of degrees of more caster. When you install the axle, you really want to try and get your pinion angle and front driveshaft to be perfectly parallel.

So the Cs will be in the same position and the pinion will be pointing up

Yes, all 8 are Currie arms, I set my caster at 88 on the little circles on the pig, just curious if it will be 82 on the new one or maybe not that simple

I'm pretty sure your arms will fit it nearly the same place but your caster angle will be slightly higher. At least you have the means to adjust if you need to. It will likely increase about 2 degrees.

I'm pretty sure your arms will fit it nearly the same place but your caster angle will be slightly higher. At least you have the means to adjust if you need to. It will likely increase about 2 degrees.

Thanks Doug sounds good. If it happens I’ll just bolt it in and take measurements

Getting close, I’ve been shopping and from my findings if I wasn’t such a tight ass and didn’t want to buy new wheels, the Dana UD60s at $5300 are the best value but since I am I think I’ll get a 44 and regear

Just go D60, you know you want to!

Really though that would mean regear now to 5.13 and when you went 60 rear regeared AGAIN to 5.38 to compensate for weight... that’s been my argument with myself to stay with a 44 anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Just go D60, you know you want to!

Really though that would mean regear now to 5.13 and when you went 60 rear regeared AGAIN to 5.38 to compensate for weight... that’s been my argument with myself to stay with a 44 anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I noticed too that 5:38 was available for the 60s

Top Bottom