My billet rubi build

I'd like to give a really big thank you to "Offline" and "Templar" for hooking me up with some goodies. These arrived today.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441434902.260539.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441434914.215833.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441434927.606133.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441434940.612905.jpg
I am really excited to get the power tank filled and put it to use. The flashpaq has given me a few issues so far but I was able to resolve one of them. I updated the firmware and downloaded the off road tpms package before connecting to the jeep. It saved the factory tune fine and was able to load the 87 octane tune. The problem was that the tpms was still flashing (no sensors in my chamber pros) and I couldn't adjust tire size. I was able to get the tpms to turn off after a few attempts but this is the error I get when trying to adjust tire size.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441435221.367718.jpg

Just checking in, saw you at the meet-n-greet at Pizza Me last night. This is a great build thread!

Awesome so is mine. I am a few hundred steps behind you at this point but I'm coming. I currently live in Socal but I own property in Dewey Arizona (East of Prescott )and can't wait to move there were I can wheel right out of my driveway.

I updated the firmware online and downloaded the tpms off road package for the flashpaq. So then I connected to the jeep and it saved the factory tune. I then loaded the 87 octane tune. I tried to adjust tire size and was unable to because it said unable to locate abs module or something similar. Anyone have similar issues? I tried contacting Superchips but they were already closed for the holiday. This is the error I was getting.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441864794.834665.jpg
I got a hold of Superchips on the following business day and they pretty much told me its not their fault that it's not communicating with the abs module and that something must be wrong with the vehicle. They told me to try disconnecting the battery for a while which I did and no luck. I then remembered that the aeroforce interceptor gauge I have has options to adjust tire size. I used that and it seems to have fixed it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441864937.416656.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441864969.336257.jpg

Also got the Powertank filled for the first time. Hoping to try it out this upcoming weekend.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441865022.997542.jpg

Curious to see how you like the tank, tempted to use my old scuba tank as an option sometime. Surprised its only at 1000 psi tho being full?

Man, sounds technical. No clue.

Yeah, The Aeroforce gauge doesnt make it very easy but its not terrible. Just had to go through the manual for a few minutes.

Curious to see how you like the tank, tempted to use my old scuba tank as an option sometime. Surprised its only at 1000 psi tho being full?

You could do that but based off the powertank website the tank is pretty much the cheapest component. The regulators are what are expensive. The pressure seems to fluctuate with temperature. It was right at 1000 when I picked it up and Ive seen it as high as 1500 after sitting in the jeep during work. Have you ever seen the Powertank Monster Valves? Im contemplating putting those in my wheels. No tools required to air down as well as airing down/filling up very fast. Only down side is that you have to drill into the wheels to mount them. My buddy has the ATX Chamber Pros like me but the polished versions and he recently installed them.

The Powertank clamps came in and I was able to get it mounted on the rollbar.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382118.464861.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382139.005737.jpg
It feels very secure and I'm not worried about it going anywhere.

Did a little headlight modification today. From the factory there is only vertical adjustment to the headlights and not horizontal. You can't tell with stock headlights but when you go to aftermarket you can see the headlights actually cross beams in front of you which makes for a center hot spot and not a very good pattern. I ordered 2 factory adjustment screws and replaced the lower inner screw on each headlamp bucket with the new ones. The part number for the screws from the dealer is 5507 8114 AA - 001
Before
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382273.053405.jpg
After
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382294.364519.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382309.422330.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382321.411543.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382332.967140.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442382343.617281.jpg

Love the horizontal adjustment screw idea! I'm waiting on my JW Speakers to come in...looks like I'll be heading to the dealer beforehand.

Your rig is looking good!

Love the horizontal adjustment screw idea! I'm waiting on my JW Speakers to come in...looks like I'll be heading to the dealer beforehand.

Your rig is looking good!

Just a quick tip FYI, I have the JW's as well and instead of replacing the horizontal adjustment screw, I just used a dremel cut off wheel to put a notch in the end of the existing screw to be able to use a flat head screw driver to adjust the horizontal beam.

Sorry for the long run on sentence...

So I've been quiet on here for a few months now because i haven't really had money for upgrades. The most recent thing I've done was upgrade my steering. I bought a used Rock Krawler aluminum tie rod and steel drag link. I got a really good deal on them and my stock tie rod was a little bent.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447823608.809735.jpg
I used Dodge Ram 3500 drag link ends on the tie rod. The steering feels much tighter now. My steering stabilizer didn't fit in the clamp so i had to remove it but i really haven't noticed anything different.
I've gone on quite a few trails lately with friends so I'll start posting up some pics and videos from them.

wow that all I wanna wow. nice jeep. I used to be a big fan of audio but haven't messed it with it for years. seeing your work makes me wanna strip my jeep dynamat it and build a rockin stearo. The ipod mini was a awesome touch but I hate for it to get wet.

wow that all I wanna wow. nice jeep. I used to be a big fan of audio but haven't messed it with it for years. seeing your work makes me wanna strip my jeep dynamat it and build a rockin stearo. The ipod mini was a awesome touch but I hate for it to get wet.

Thanks! I still have the iPad mini but don't have it mounted at the moment. I never reordered the steering wheel control adapter. I mainly use my iPhone for music now.

Top Bottom