MedixJK build thread

I might have missed it, are those shocks the 9000 adj or something else? If adj, where's the adjuster, I might be getting them.

Doing a little prep work. A clean axle is a happy axle. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 1427849639632.jpg
    1427849639632.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 525
Ok i need some veteran input. I know what NEEDS to happen but it may not pan out that way. I just installed rs9000 series shocks that rancho specs to run with the 3" plush rides because thats what im putting on soon. Currently on rough country springs giving exactly 2.5" of lift. i plan on getting the EVO lca's to run with the plushrides, followed by the draglink flip kit and the rear roll correction bracket. Im going to have to buy this in stages and install accordingly. So do i hold out until i can get the coils and lca's together and risk unseating my current coils? Or do i go ahead and put the 3" plush rides on and roll with it until i get money together for the lca's? Which is the lesser of the two evils?

29/30. I told matt at rancho what i was running and what i was going to, and that was his suggestion.

Well, evo coils have really good free length. But with your current set up, I think you'll be fine. Here is the measurements for your shocks. I don't run Rancho, but I run the long bilstein shocks with 3" coils and they haven't unseated yet.

Attachments

• 1428077572201.jpg
    1428077572201.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 512
Well, evo coils have really good free length. But with your current set up, I think you'll be fine. Here is the measurements for your shocks. I don't run Rancho, but I run the long bilstein shocks with 3" coils and they haven't unseated yet.

My main concern was that the 2.5" RC coils will fall out with the extra droop the ranchos allow. I can get the plushrides now but it would be a bit till i got the lca's, and from what ive heard i shouldnt go to the 3" coils without also installing the arms

The fronts won't fall out, the rear might be a different story. But you got the medium shocks, which isn't bad, because they would probably work better if you got evo rock stars. I think your rc springs would be fine. Throw some hose clamps on the rears just incase. I would swap coils. Evo springs are pretty accurate in height. What do you have now for caster correction?

The fronts won't fall out, the rear might be a different story. But you got the medium shocks, which isn't bad, because they would probably work better if you got evo rock stars. I think your rc springs would be fine. Throw some hose clamps on the rears just incase. I would swap coils. Evo springs are pretty accurate in height. What do you have now for caster correction?

The rock star would work with the 9000s i got? Didnt know that. May have to add that to the list. Lol.

As for caster correction, nothing yet. It doesnt seem flighty at all, but goin up another 1/2" might push it over the edge, idk? That was my concern with installing the evo coils before i got the front lca's.

Edit: the evo lcas are coming, just dont have extra cash to get the coils AND the lcas together.

I gotcha. I really think you'll be fine with your shocks on your current set up. The fronts can't fall out, but the rears might be close.
You're going to need 3" bump stops all the way around. Add that also.

Top Bottom