LED Headlight Install - Need Help!

Ignition on or off the LED headlights still do not light up. I was thinking about buying PWM's like the ones that come with the truck-lites but wasn't sure if it would solve the problem. I've only heard of people having flickering problems not don't turn on at all problems without them.

I agree. I have not seen LEDs plain not work due to resistance, just work erratically. Both harnesses for the new lights have the same wiring color/pattern?

I noticed in your picture that there is a 4-5 inch pigtail hooked up to the light. Have you tried swapping those left to right to see if that changes anything?

Ignition on or off the LED headlights still do not light up. I was thinking about buying PWM's like the ones that come with the truck-lites but wasn't sure if it would solve the problem. I've only heard of people having flickering problems not don't turn on at all problems without them.

Hrm.. I was sure that would be the case. dang it.

SO, to test your hypothesis (Now on the Jeep, I'm not sure which wire is the positive but black is usually always the ground and its in the middle. Sooooo I have the positive from the light going to the negative in the Jeep right. I feel like that could be a problem but without cutting up all the harnesses and rewiring I'm not sure how to fix it.)....

You could just make some pieces of wire with female or male (depending on the plugs) spade ends on them. The wire it according to what you believe and see what happens. Shouldn't blow a fuse or anything.

I agree. I have not seen LEDs plain not work due to resistance, just work erratically. Both harnesses for the new lights have the same wiring color/pattern?

Yeah... only seen this occur twice... I don't know the brand of LEDs but they just plain wouldn't work. Wired in a resistor and that fixed them. Worth a shot here too, so that's why I suggested that test.

Yeah, same pattern. I tried to swap them too and it didn't make a difference.

What if you remove the pigtails all together? Does the connection on the new lamps fit the connection on the Jeep? What is the pigtail there for anyway?

So if you have a multimeter, what is the voltage in the high and low beam circuit when the headlamp switch is on?

EDIT - Both ignition on and ignition off.

Last edited:
Yeah... only seen this occur twice... I don't know the brand of LEDs but they just plain wouldn't work. Wired in a resistor and that fixed them. Worth a shot here too, so that's why I suggested that test.

I'll get a tester and try a little ghetto wiring to see if the wires on the harness are swapped. If that doesn't work I may just return the stupid things and go with truck-lites... I've never heard of anyone having issues with those. Wiring in a resistor and all that seems like a real pain. I appreciate everyones ideas and input. I'll let you know what I find out.

I'll get a tester and try a little ghetto wiring to see if the wires on the harness are swapped. If that doesn't work I may just return the stupid things and go with truck-lites... I've never heard of anyone having issues with those. Wiring in a resistor and all that seems like a real pain. I appreciate everyones ideas and input. I'll let you know what I find out.

Yeah... now you have me pretty danged interested in the problem. Not sure where in SC you are. I'm in Fayetteville NC and would love to solve this problem.

EDIT - I DO have the tools to trouble-shoot this... if you're in driving distance, you're welcome to come on up.

Yeah... now you have me pretty danged interested in the problem. Not sure where in SC you are. I'm in Fayetteville NC and would love to solve this problem.

EDIT - I DO have the tools to trouble-shoot this... if you're in driving distance, you're welcome to come on up.

I'm all the way down in Charleston.

Top Bottom