JKX Tillamook Round 2!

Looks like I have a couple friends coming.

-a 2007 jkur on 35s
- a 97 Tj on 31s
-and a cough cough, land cruiser on 35s. The new wagon, not the classic fj40.

Looks like I have a couple friends coming.

-a 2007 jkur on 35s
- a 97 Tj on 31s
-and a cough cough, land cruiser on 35s. The new wagon, not the classic fj40.

That's awesome! I think I've got all the kinks worked out of my lift. I'm crazy excited to try it out on the dirt.

I'll add your guys to the list. All of them for Saturday? Or are any staying for sunday too?

All my guys are saturday only.

Nice.

Hey David, and/or everybody else. I was testing my flex today. Good news is that nothing is rubbing and nothing broke.

But the front doesn't stuff fully into the fender like the back does. I can't remember, but I think stock I was able to stuff a little more into my fenders. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Also. I tried both with my sway bars connected and disconnected and didn't see much of a difference. :-(

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425272749.581098.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425272763.066886.jpg

Longer bumpstops probably. Next time check to see if your front axle is on the bumpstops. Did you have the swaybar disconnected?

Nice.

Hey David, and/or everybody else. I was testing my flex today. Good news is that nothing is rubbing and nothing broke.

But the front doesn't stuff fully into the fender like the back does. I can't remember, but I think stock I was able to stuff a little more into my fenders. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Also. I tried both with my sway bars connected and disconnected and didn't see much of a difference. :-(

TTACH]

Your bumps stops are probably way too long.

My rubi light for the sway bar was on, and I hear the motor actuate. And my bumpstops weren't even close to hitting.

That's odd, sounds like the swaybar didn't disconnect. how about your shocks, were they bottomed out on the front stuffed side?

That's odd, sounds like the swaybar didn't disconnect. how about your shocks, were they bottomed out on the front stuffed side?

It didn't look like it. I'm gunna try this week to disconnect the sway bars manually and see what happens. Other people suggest it's because I have a lite 2dr.

That shouldn't make a difference. Disconnect the sway bar then drive it around for a minute trying to get both front sides up an inch or two to make sure the swaybar disconnected. Keep flexing it out until you are on the front bumpstops or the back tire leaves the ground. Check the shocks to make sure they don't bottom out before the axle touches the bumpstop.

That shouldn't make a difference. Disconnect the sway bar then drive it around for a minute trying to get both front sides up an inch or two to make sure the swaybar disconnected. Keep flexing it out until you are on the front bumpstops or the back tire leaves the ground. Check the shocks to make sure they don't bottom out before the axle touches the bumpstop.

I'll give that a go. So you think it's possible for the sway bar light to be on, but it needs a little driving to get it to break free?

I really did have a hard time stuffing mine when brand new. And I have manual disconnects, so there was no question. The springs are stiff, but it was only a day or two before they settled in and would rub my fenders. Just my 2 pennies.

I really did have a hard time stuffing mine when brand new. And I have manual disconnects, so there was no question. The springs are stiff, but it was only a day or two before they settled in and would rub my fenders. Just my 2 pennies.

I could see how stiff springs would keep me from compressing all the way. I just want my maximum flex though.

Top Bottom