Jeep Photo Challenge

That sucks about the axle shaft. What axles are you running? I just broke my front d60 axle shaft on the rubicon a couple weeks back so I feel your pain. View attachment 90477

Moab is on my list of places to go, but I don't think I'll be driving there in time for this challenge!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

My front axle is a pos fake dana 60 (long story) But I upgraded sgaft to rcv 300m shafts and have had no further problems. This is what the shaft looked like after ripping the tree outta the ground.
dava3a7a.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605

Last edited:
Moral of the story for everyone-
Jk- if you are going to pull something hard- do it going forward- high pinion front axle.
Tj- low pinion stock axle- pull in reverse.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

My front axle is a pos fake dana 60 (long story) But I upgraded sgaft to rcv 300m shafts and have had no further problems.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Holy crap! That should be strong enough now! I thought about going 300m, but don't have an extra 3grand. Looks like just chromoly for me.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Jk- if you are going to pull something hard- do it going forward- high pinion front axle.

A great rule of thumb, but I don't think that would affect the twisting of an axle shaft, just the breaking of teeth. I'm confused- I have a Tj with a high pinion front. 😁

Moral of the story hi or low pinion had nothing to do with twisted axle shaft splines.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Ok- Forgot hemi and dana 44 and 42" tires was the moral of that story- BUT....

For anyone doing a hard pull with a jk, high pinion front axle, please do it going forward.

Last edited:
Moral of the story hi or low pinion had nothing to do with twisted axle shaft splines.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Yeah, but in Paul's defense, if you had pulled from the rear, it would've put more of the load on your rear axle instead of your front.... Who knows- maybe it would've twisted too. 42s are some big tires.

Yeah, but in Paul's defense, if you had pulled from the rear, it would've put more of the load on your rear axle instead of your front.... Who knows- maybe it would've twisted too. 42s are some big tires.

Lol Moral of the story is Dont pull trees out of the ground with your Jeep...Even small ones, its not the tree that hurt it was the roots and 800+ pounds of soil that came with them. But if like me you are dumb enough to do it take pictures ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I605

Lol, I had my tj strapped to a tree from behind, and was using my winch to uproot a small tree and broke my synthetic line :( forgot to take a pic or else it would have been posted here :)

I think it is the perfect mix :rock:

Pablo- I love your setup, and I also rock a ktm ( I have a 450exc). but unless that is a picture of your jeep on the Pritchett canyon trail, then It isn't going to work for this photo challenge.. Read the first post and you'll understand..

Current challenge is- a picture of your jeep on the Pritchett canyon trail (in Moab)

Pablo- I love your setup, and I also rock a ktm ( I have a 450exc). but unless that is a picture of your jeep on the Pritchett canyon trail, then It isn't going to work for this photo challenge.. Read the first post and you'll understand..

Current challenge is- a picture of your jeep on the Pritchett canyon trail (in Moab)

Sorry, I got it now....:doh:

Sorry, I got it now....:doh:

No worries, that's only happened about 4-500 times.

But really, you should subscribe to this thread and try to play, it's pretty fun

You aren't jealous, are you? Lol

I thought about 42s. They rub in so many more places.... and I just cut my rear fenders to the exact diameter of the 40s.

I thought about 42s. They rub in so many more places.... and I just cut my rear fenders to the exact diameter of the 40s.

I sold the 42's and got 40's myself

Sent from my SCH-I605

Top Bottom