In The Shop - Disciple Off Road

I can just afford my JK we got so I definitely couldn't swing this. That's right about the exact same as we paid for our house we are currently in and that seemed like a stretch for a house, much less a jeep. I do think AEV makes some nice stuff but that bumper isn't one of them.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Jeremy and Chad at Disciple! Really appreciate you guys doing such a great job on our Gladiator! If any of you live in the CenCal area or are willing to make the drive, I would highly recommend you giving these guys a try. Their customer service and attention to detail is bar none 👍🏻
IMG_6666.jpeg

Just wanted to give a shout out to Jeremy and Chad at Disciple! Really appreciate you guys doing such a great job on our Gladiator! If any of you live in the CenCal area or are willing to make the drive, I would highly recommend you giving these guys a try. Their customer service and attention to detail is bar none 👍🏻
View attachment 395909
Thanks for the kind words and making the trip out here. Was a ton of fun and happy we could get everything fixed up for you two.

@Disciple Off Road how are the EVO’s 3M rocker skins? I’ve been looking at them and was considering them over the bolt on versions, I really don’t want to drill into the body. Do you recommend them or just go with the bolt on version?

@Disciple Off Road how are the EVO’s 3M rocker skins? I’ve been looking at them and was considering them over the bolt on versions, I really don’t want to drill into the body. Do you recommend them or just go with the bolt on version?
The 3M version is definitely strong and I personally wouldn’t worry about them coming off. Install is way easy.

As far as recommendations, both work just fine and it really comes down to your own preference to be honest. I’ve never minded nutserts. It’s always easier after drilling the first hole.

Than
The 3M version is definitely strong and I personally wouldn’t worry about them coming off. Install is way easy.

As far as recommendations, both work just fine and it really comes down to your own preference to be honest. I’ve never minded nutserts. It’s always easier after drilling the first hole.
Thanks for the information I’ll probably go the 3M route.

If you plan on installing an EVO DTD on a stock JL axle (not recommended), just know it’s not technically made for it and may require some modifications.

Being that we are also doing a RockJock “high steer” kit, we wanted to raise the track bar bracket due to the now raised draglink. Fortunately, I had a raised bracket for a JK that we modified which worked pretty good with everything barely clearing.

IMG_0743.jpeg
IMG_0742.jpeg
IMG_0744.jpeg

IMG_0739.jpeg
IMG_0740.jpeg

Fred got some maintenance done on a JK doing a Teraflex joint repair, swapping in heavier rear coils and new rod ends on the steering. Definitely like the Synergy alignment tool, super simple for setting toe.

IMG_0746.jpeg
IMG_0747.jpeg

Also using a JK weld-on bracket, I modified this Artec bracket for this 4XE as there aren’t any weld-on options (that I’ve found) for stock location. It’s hard to tell but the hole was opened up with a ton of lateral play.

IMG_0751.jpeg
IMG_0750.jpeg
IMG_0749.jpeg

Nothing crazy exciting but just some things we have been knocking out before heading out to Trail Hero for the week. Anyone else going?

Awesome! Nice to see what's been going on in the shop and I was wondering how that 392 was coming along. Great info on the factory JL axle LOL

Also, I REALLY NEED that Synergy alignment tool!! (y)

Awesome! Nice to see what's been going on in the shop and I was wondering how that 392 was coming along. Great info on the factory JL axle LOL

Yeah things are a lot tighter than the UD60 so have been spending more time than I’d like making sure everything cycles properly. But it’s coming along. Excited to drive it.

I’ve used others and will say the Synergy one is the only one that works with a 5 or 8 lug perfectly 👍🏼

Piece of 2" aluminum angle iron and you can make your own cheap and easy.

If you plan on installing an EVO DTD on a stock JL axle (not recommended), just know it’s not technically made for it and may require some modifications.

Being that we are also doing a RockJock “high steer” kit, we wanted to raise the track bar bracket due to the now raised draglink. Fortunately, I had a raised bracket for a JK that we modified which worked pretty good with everything barely clearing.

View attachment 396304
View attachment 396305
View attachment 396306

View attachment 396307
View attachment 396308

Fred got some maintenance done on a JK doing a Teraflex joint repair, swapping in heavier rear coils and new rod ends on the steering. Definitely like the Synergy alignment tool, super simple for setting toe.

View attachment 396311
View attachment 396312

Also using a JK weld-on bracket, I modified this Artec bracket for this 4XE as there aren’t any weld-on options (that I’ve found) for stock location. It’s hard to tell but the hole was opened up with a ton of lateral play.

View attachment 396313
View attachment 396314
View attachment 396315

Nothing crazy exciting but just some things we have been knocking out before heading out to Trail Hero for the week. Anyone else going?
Some killer work going on there. I'll definitely be making the drive up there when my JK gets bigger... :cool:

Top Bottom