Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

thanks man! i saw kyle7r (weird calling someone by their handle name) with one at our suds n grub a little while back and knew i had to have one. i honestly might never put the hardtop back on again...

Lol, you and I don't have the most original usernames out there to begin with so everybody knows who we are already!

Trektop looks awesome, welcome to the Soft Top Syndicate! :thumb:

Hey Kyle and nepalm, when you take your soft top stuff off, so you leave it at home or have a way to stow it away in the jeep?

It's about 50/50 for me, I prefer to just leave my windows and stuff hanging up or laying flat at the house.

But if I am out, or running topless somewhere a little farther out or staying somewhere (like the beach) then I have some really soft towels or some old sheets that I roll my side windows up in and tuck them under the seats. Then I roll up my rear window and set it under where the sunrider flips back.

I have to get a little more creative with storage in my 2door, you probably have plenty of room in your JKU ;)

It's about 50/50 for me, I prefer to just leave my windows and stuff hanging up or laying flat at the house.

But if I am out, or running topless somewhere a little farther out or staying somewhere (like the beach) then I have some really soft towels or some old sheets that I roll my side windows up in and tuck them under the seats. Then I roll up my rear window and set it under where the sunrider flips back.

I have to get a little more creative with storage in my 2door, you probably have plenty of room in your JKU ;)

Good to know. No warping from rolling the windows at all?

Good to know. No warping from rolling the windows at all?

I haven't had any issues, any wrinkles that accumulate work their way out within minutes in the heat. I actually got the idea from a guy on YouTube. Plus I think people who use a clover bag for their windows roll theirs up too, maybe Nathan can chime in soon. He is the official, unofficial TrekTop spokesperson.

Hey Kyle and nepalm, when you take your soft top stuff off, so you leave it at home or have a way to stow it away in the jeep?

Mike,
I always leave my stuff at home. I'm really OCD about my windows and scratches and take all the precautions I can to keep them perfectly spotless. Its a little risky, but i always check the weather and make sure it's safe. The only place Steel is outside for an extended period of time is at the Firehouse. If it ever rains there, I just pull it in the bays with the engines. If I go on a wheeling trip or somewhere I might want to strip down, I'll leave them in the hotel room layed out on the bed or floor.

I keep my windows in an air conditioned room in my house when not on the Jeep, LOL!!!

Last edited:
Mike,
I always leave my stuff at home. I'm really OCD about my windows and scratches and take all the precautions I can to keep them perfectly spotless. Its a little risky, but i always check the weather and make sure it's safe. The only place Steel is outside for an extended period of time is at the Firehouse. If it ever rains there, I just pull it in the bays with the engines. If I go on a wheeling trip or somewhere I might want to strip down, I'll leave them in the hotel room layed out on the bed or floor.

I keep my windows in an air conditioned room in my house when not on the Jeep, LOL!!!

I throw mine in the back, I have the rear deck I built so they stay secure. I also downloaded an app to alert me if rain is immanent to my current position.

Thanks for all the suggestions on the trekrop. I have all the windows laying out safely in the garage right now...thought heat would be good to keep the material stretched. Looks like we have amazing weather here for the next 7 days!

Tons of stock parts and things like stereo and mirrors for when you take your doors off. Springs and shocks off a 4inch rough country lift. Someone come get it all or it will be trashed. Pm me

Have winch fair lead and some other stuff too. Jeep is gone and house is being sold so some get the parts. Also have a driver side door in gecko green

Top Bottom