HOOP's Build Thread

JK LYF

Hoop's Build Thread

The build threads are amazing; one of my favorite places to visit on WAL. The ideas, opinions, and expertise are all invaluable and very encouraging! Because of that, I decided to begin my thread to memorialize the modifications made to my rig. I'm looking forward to advice, opinions and ideas from WAL forum members. So it begins....

One day I woke up and decided to start wheeling! So, I bought a bone stock 2008 2 door auto in April, 2014. Not a daily driver, just a hobby.

The day I bought it.

Off the lot!.jpg

Brought it home.jpg

Last edited:
I needed something to pull me out if I got stuck somewhere so I bought some tow hooks off CL for about $50.00......

Tow Hooks.jpg

Then decided to chop the fenders....and change the color of the grill.....

Cut1.jpg

Cut2.jpg

Cut 3.jpg

Cut4.jpg

Last edited:
I removed the back bumper....

Removal 1.jpg

Removal2.jpg

And purchased the EVO 1/4 pounder with the Stinger...

EVO5.jpg

Added a winch...

Winch.jpg

Last edited:
Next came the EVO rock slides....

EVO Rock1.jpg

EVO Rock2.jpg

EVO Rock3.jpg

I swapped out the stock coils for a set of 18/60 coils and added the Rubi knock off shocks.

Front Coils.jpg

Rear Coils.jpg

Shocks.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to get a set of Pro Comp 37 inch tires on 16 inch Pro Comp wheels for a price I couldn't pass on....so on they went.....I purchased some 1.5 inch wheel spacers to help avoid frame rub on the front....and cut out some pinch seam on the rear wheel wells. Also removed the black Plasti dip from the front grill.

NT1.jpg

NT2.jpg

NT3.jpg

NT4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking rig Hoop, love the look of the stuffed arches. What are you planning on replacing the D30 with?

Nice looking rig Hoop, love the look of the stuffed arches. What are you planning on replacing the D30 with?

Thank you Hillz......Much appreciated. I'm not quite sure, but I'm leaning towards the PR44 beefed up as much as possible....The friend I got the tires from has a set of 37's on his with a beefed up D44.....He's taken it out quite a bit..some decent size rock crawling, Moab, etc. He felt comfortable with what he had.....so that's reassuring....I may lift it another 1 to 2 inches....I need to take it out to see how much flex I'll have....readjust bump stops...and go from there....

Rig looks good and I like that you did the chrome wheels. Reminds me of the old SoCal jeep builds! The desert ones.....really looks good and like the 2 door. :)

Rig looks good and I like that you did the chrome wheels. Reminds me of the old SoCal jeep builds! The desert ones.....really looks good and like the 2 door. :)

Thank you! Ya, the wheels came with the tires so I rolled with em. Later on down the line I want them powder coated black. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Got the Superchips Flashcal today. Downloaded all necessary info and plugged it in.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414730337.207258.jpg

Last edited:
No mods lately. But, I did manage to post up the Wayalife windshield banner. I like it. The mods for January will be:

1. 4 inch lift (getting rid of "rubi coils")
2. Shocks (getting rid of "rubi shocks)
3. Front D44 with 5:13 gears, rcv shafts, locker, evo welded c gussets (replacing stock front D30)
4. Rear D44. Installing 5:13 gears and locker.
5. Transmission cooler
6. CB (leaning towards the Cobra 29LXBT)

Goal is to complete by end of January🙏

awesome build! gah all you 37 guys are making me wanna go straight to 37s and not 35s lol hows the gas before and after the tuner? :beer::brows:

Top Bottom