HOOP's Build Thread

My transmission got real hot during a trail run. Had to turn the engine off and let it cool for awhile before continuing on.

Afterwards, did a little research and figured a transmission cooler wouldn't hurt to add. So today, I got a Flexalite transmission cooler placed on the rig. Not sure what to expect, but feel better with it. Time will tell. Anyone have any experience with these?

View attachment 128131

Very cool! The newer JK's (12+) come with coolers from the factory. I know it will alleviate the "hot oil" you would see without one. Good investment.

Stopped by ORE today and had some c-gussets burned on. A little reinforcement while my axle fund grows.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425579287.902883.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425579361.462275.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425579371.460593.jpg

Looks nice. Any info on that? I was in the mountains a while back and had the same thing happen.

I was told it will definitely help with keeping the tranny cooler. The company said by 20 degrees. Not sure about that but I will keep an eye on it. There's quite a few to choose from. I'm sure they are generally all in the same ballpark unless you get some high end cooler.

I was told it will definitely help with keeping the tranny cooler. The company said by 20 degrees. Not sure about that but I will keep an eye on it. There's quite a few to choose from. I'm sure they are generally all in the same ballpark unless you get some high end cooler.

How easy was the install? Easy Peasy? Did that kit have everything you need? Hoses, clamps, etc. I found same one on Quadratec thinking about getting it. Might be great for members with larger tires as well.

Last edited:
Just put on the new SpiderWebShades. So far so good. We'll see how good they are when it gets hot!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428359989.902587.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428360006.596723.jpg

Looks good buddy. Hope you and the family are good. Hope to get out in the trail again with you soon.

Thank you sir! Same here. I saw the video and was wondering how you were doing! Your rig is out of control! Great job.

Thank you sir! Same here. I saw the video and was wondering how you were doing! Your rig is out of control! Great job.

Thanks buddy, it's going to get even better after riding in a buddy's witty coil overs and 40's :D

Put some new to me headlights on thanks to KDCH. Looks damn new! Just ordered 4:88 gears, ARB on board air, HD ball joints, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, and some sleeves. Should have everything done in next couple weeks. Still searching for a good, compact CB to get. Any opinions based on actual use is welcomed.

Put some new to me headlights on thanks to KDCH. Looks damn new! Just ordered 4:88 gears, ARB on board air, HD ball joints, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, and some sleeves. Should have everything done in next couple weeks. Still searching for a good, compact CB to get. Any opinions based on actual use is welcomed.

I've got a Cobra 19 collecting dust. Look it up, let me know if you need it.

After the newbie run, I noticed a few dings on the cooler, so I added a guard.

No guard

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430096912.176576.jpg

With guard - and a recently bed lined grill...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430096944.603420.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom