High Lakes Run NorCal - Saturday 2/21

Can we do signal peak in the winter? I thought I saw Spinuck up there in the snow. Also, anyone know if Slick Rock is 1) snowed in or 2) open during the winter?

Signal Peak is open year round, but you have to go up and come back down the Eagle Lakes side because the close the gate on the Cisco grove side. I've done it a couple times in the snow. The last time, I nearly slid off the edge. I got to a turn with the slightest of slope toward the edge and anything I did kept moving me closer.

they close Slick Rock in winter. I was going to try to go up to the Rubicon on the 14th but I have to work. going to try the 21st if I can get some company, and weather permits. Looks like there's a chance of snow this week.

Without sounding like a complete noob, what is Fordyce like? I might leave the kids at home and come with ya guys, but I don't want to get in over my head. I'm thinking my Jeep is up for the task, but the bigger question is am I?! :)

Without sounding like a complete noob, what is Fordyce like? I might leave the kids at home and come with ya guys, but I don't want to get in over my head. I'm thinking my Jeep is up for the task, but the bigger question is am I?! :)

Well Fordyce is probably the hardest trail around. Much harder then the Rubicon or high lakes. This happened to my stock d44 the first time.

Attachments

• 1424923292793.jpg
    1424923292793.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 26

37's and lockers, you should be fine.

I say with the "uncertainty" Fordyce is not a great idea. We could probably do a rubicon day trip. Run into soup bowl or little sluice then back out. The trail isn't terrible but still gives you obstacles to work on. What's everyone think?

Well Fordyce is probably the hardest trail around. Much harder then the Rubicon or high lakes. This happened to my stock d44 the first time.

Looks like an excuse for a ProRock! :)

If anyone had an open seat, I would love to join you guys. But I think if I were to drive my Jeep, I'd slow ya down!

If you did High Lakes, I'd be there with my Jeep, but don't let me hold you guys back.

Looks like an excuse for a ProRock! :)

If anyone had an open seat, I would love to join you guys. But I think if I were to drive my Jeep, I'd slow ya down!

If you did High Lakes, I'd be there with my Jeep, but don't let me hold you guys back.

We might be thinking of the Rubicon also which would be perfect for you to get some testing in on your jeep.

If the waters high you could get in over your head literally :eek:ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424923567.705257.jpg

I say with the "uncertainty" Fordyce is not a great idea. We could probably do a rubicon day trip. Run into soup bowl or little sluice then back out. The trail isn't terrible but still gives you obstacles to work on. What's everyone think?

I'm game for that!

Top Bottom