From MYTH to LEGEND : The EVOlution of our Jeep Gladiator

Do you think everything you’re doing will raise the towing capacity, lower it, or keep it the same? Lots of factors like weight, frame, engine etc. to determine that.... just curious.

Do you think everything you’re doing will raise the towing capacity, lower it, or keep it the same? Lots of factors like weight, frame, engine etc. to determine that.... just curious.

Not sure. We won’t be towing with ours so we ditched the hitch receiver to gain more departure angle. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eddie,

seeing that massive steering box, did Evo do anything to beef up the frame where it attaches? i've seen video from other people showing the frame flexing at the steering box possibly creating some of the flighty steering being reported on the JLs and JTs.

EVO made brackets but after giving things a closer look, they decided more work would be needed to make it work better. Apparently, there is a geometry concern that they are wanting to address.

Yeah, I’ve been talking to Andrew about it. I think I’ve got it figured out on mine. I foresee some possible retrofit in my future.

Usually raising the lift and changing things such as tires lower the max towing capacity. By how much I’m not sure but I’m sure there is some info out there on the interwebs

Eddie,

seeing that massive steering box, did Evo do anything to beef up the frame where it attaches? i've seen video from other people showing the frame flexing at the steering box possibly creating some of the flighty steering being reported on the JLs and JTs.

Not exactly or at least, not specifically to beef up the frame. But, I can tell you something is being done to the frame 🤪

Damn, I'd love to just hang out at that shop for a couple days watching shit being done. Can you please tell Mel they need to install some live shop-cams? :brows:

Top Bottom