Falken wildpeak a/t v.s nitto trail grappler

JJJeeper

I am getting new tires for my jku soon, it is my daily driver also. I also want to go to 35's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the falkens they are great but trying to compare is not a fair fight the nittos are more beefy more grippy and more aggressive looking. On a budget falkens are great but the nittos will outshine any day

Last edited:
These are two different categories of tires: The Falken Wildpeak is an A/T (All Terrain- more street, less off road) and the Nitto is an M/T (Mud Terrain- more off road and lees street)

It would be more fair to compare the Falken Wildpeak against the Nitto Terra Grappler.

I had 2 sets of nitto terra grapplers on an old tundra. They were really good on the road, wear was good, and good on minor trails and fire roads. Hope this helps.

Edit: I thought you were talking about terra grappler when I saw AT.

I know they are two different animals, im just trying to figure out if they would be worth the money for m/t's for daily driving and weekend trail rides

I have Falken Rocky Mountain ATS in 35" on my JK and they're a great tire if your rig is mostly daily driver. My rig is about 90% road 10% trails and they suit my needs well.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

I used to keep a set of MT's for trail and winter use but have found a good set of AT's are suitable for what I now do.

I ran the Falken and they were a great all around tire - off road I was impressed how well they did over obstacles and ran them aired down to 15psi no problems. IMO they are the best tire I've had in rain but lack in the mud and snow environment. I like these in the rain much better than a full M/T or even the BFG AT I'm currently running.

Gas mileage was better with the Falken over the BFG and more over M/T. Only reason I switched to the BFG was because I travel in the winters and it takes me through Colorado, BFG's have a better feeling of control over the Falkens and even some of the M/T's I've owned - this is freeway driving comparison. Off-road if it's primarily mud and snow trail driving the M/T's I find are better.

I've gotten to the point where I find a good AT is better suited for a lot of the off-road I do. if I were big into mud I would run a M/T.

I do run the trails in Moab, Colorado and other areas and find a good AT aired down works great.

cheers :beer:

I am getting new tires for my jku soon, it is my daily driver also. I also want to go to 35's

I feel confident(enough) to say that if you were looking at a mud terrain that would wear well, I've have been told and read that the toyo m/t's get good miles on them(I believe around 50k)

I have the Falken wild peaks, they're very good, my friend has over 50k on them and they look barely used.

Check out fierce attitude MTs I had them when I was running 35s they are very affordable and a great tire

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

I have wild peaks in the 33" flavor. For what they cost I couldn't be happier. Nice and quiet, great in rain and snow, and fine for moderate trail use as long as you aren't bogging through mud pits. I used to always run bfg a/t on everything I own but so far I like the wildpeaks better than any set of bfgs I've had

OllllllllO Instagram @LucyTheJeep

Tires

I had 33" Nitto's and now I have 37" Falkens. I can tell you they are both excellent tires. The Nitto is a little lighter than most tires of the same size, and I wish I had purchased them in 37". The Falkens do a lot better off road than you'd expect from there appearance, and make less noise than the Nitto. Here are the nittos on my wifes JeepPhoto Jun 20, 8 15 46 AM (1).jpgFalkens on minePhoto Jun 07, 2 06 55 PM.jpg

tires tires tires OMG

gotta pick new tires soon need to get 5 so they all match 2008 rubicon with a 4 inch ome lift auto dun du dun dun. I really don't want to re-gear. here are my thoughts so far and I would like your opinions.

I want a pretty aggressive all terrain not so loud that it screws up my daily driver needs but not so tame as to be a virtual street tire. Cost is an issue.

34 or 35? I have the room and have always wanted 35 s so I'll probably go that way, so is a lighter 35 going to be less of a drag than heavy 34? on the motor

but just might get the 34' x 10;50 BFG ko2 .............pretty expensive

others in the running include

some of the coopers................... but I hear these are a very heavy tire and I have to believe that that weight is gonna contribute to the doggyness on a 08 3.8 auto

kelly safari kinda leaning this way seem pretty good may it is just adore track with a different tread?

nitto terr g2 maybe too street like

toyo open country probably not the rough country too loud

maybe the dura tracs but i hear they have some side wall issues.

besides that what does re- gearing cost with labor?
I appreciate all your thoughts on this very weighty matter.

after researching this all morning

I am leaning heavily towards KELLY SPRINGFIELD SAFARI TSR in a 315 70 17 I can get them for within a few bucks of the falkens like the coopers and bfg ko2 but price and weight were factors I can't find anything about weight on the TSRs though

I know they are two different animals, im just trying to figure out if they would be worth the money for m/t's for daily driving and weekend trail rides

I have the wild peaks in 35's..they are great tires, only downside is they are not aggressive or beefy looking.

The new KO2 is awesome! I can't wait to need some tires.

Jury's out for me on the new BFG A/T KO2s. Have them on our Suburban, 265/70R17. They are almost as loud as my BFG m/t 35x12.5R17s on my JK. Perhaps this is a testament to the MTs being fairly quiet...

Maybe the heft of our short bus makes them louder? The edges of the tread blocks seem to wear faster than a set of the older AT ko's I had on my old ZJ. Dunno....we'll see how they last and wear.
Alignment is good, so that's not an issue.

They are smooth, bit stiffer than the OEM goodyears, but the BFG is load range C compared to the goodyears SL rating.

For any naysayers, I'm a pretty big fanboy of BFG a/t and m/t tires. Since making a poor choice on Revo2's a while back, I've stuck with BFGs. I'm not sold on the ATs being up to all the hype just yet.

Top Bottom