Falken wildpeak a/t v.s nitto trail grappler

The problem with the wildpeak is that this is what they look like at half tread.

Half the grooves only go halfway to to the carcass. It isnt a problem if you have a tire groover, but take it from me its a pain in the ass

The problem with the wildpeak is that this is what they look like at half tread.

Re-grooved tires look pretty good. I got almost 60,000 miles on my Wild Peaks and they still have a decent amount of tread on them. I just bought a new set of 4 maybe ill be re-grooving my old ones.

It really was a pain in the ass, and I didnt go wild with it. I basically followed the original grooves. In the end it was worth not replacing the tires, but next time ill buy tires that I can just wear out and not be forced to groove at half tread.

Last edited:
FALKEN n at

I have a set of 285 70 17 that i put on at 36000 miles I now have 117,000 miles on them I jus boughtthema s temporary tire but they refused to wear out. I have not had a single flat. and when they were newer I had them in the snow.it was wet I was alone and the snow was about 5 inches deep and melting the trail underneath was just mud I to out to walk the trail and nearly went down on my a_ because it was so slippery.the tires however did well walked right up the hill with no spinning Iwas impressed they work much better than you would be live based upon the tired design

Top Bottom