Extra Fuel/Tire Carrier solutions 392

It seems to me that AEV is the best technical solution since it carries more gallons, supports the spare tire, and is frame mounted. But the provided gas storage tank surely has a maximum allowed tire size, which is likely a 37.
Rare conceivable post by Bob there. Epic.

Max on the AEV fuel caddy is indeed 37"

If you want to carry extra fuel on the outside of your 392 I would go with the EVO tire carrier For fuel on the inside go with the jugs D-Day recommended. I used something similar in my ‘78 CJ-5 and they were bullet proof. I would usually wrap a trash bag around them for a little extra fume mitigation.

I will say I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve felt the need to refuel off of the cans on the JK- and that was mostly because I did not want to be ‘That Guy’ who ran out. Having extra fuel does give peace of mind and even if you can only carry a few gallons that’s 20-30 miles you won’t need to walk! 🤣😂

If you want to carry extra fuel on the outside of your 392 I would go with the EVO tire carrier For fuel on the inside go with the jugs D-Day recommended. I used something similar in my ‘78 CJ-5 and they were bullet proof. I would usually wrap a trash bag around them for a little extra fume mitigation.

I will say I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve felt the need to refuel off of the cans on the JK- and that was mostly because I did not want to be ‘That Guy’ who ran out. Having extra fuel does give peace of mind and even if you can only carry a few gallons that’s 20-30 miles you won’t need to walk! 🤣😂
Ha yea I think I’m going to do the carrier, but yea even 4 gallons will make my walk that much shorter 😂

If you do go with the EVO mount, then another option would be to use the Roto-Pax strap .. basically a big ratchet strap with two roto-pax mounts around the spare.

that’s definitely what I’m going to do if I don’t go with a set up that has a basket

Top Bottom