EVO Enforcer.

I think we can identify the problem and solution right there.
;)

Ooooo gotta be carefull there that kinda thinking would get my ass kicked :bleh:

I just asked about the bolt on coilovers in another thread because I am up in the air between them and the enforcer kit.

Last edited:
Nothing but good things to say about this kit from me. The EVO coils are nice and soft so they will sag with heavy bumpers. I dont think you can get a better riding standard coil though. If you plan on running bumpers on the heavy side you might want to ask the guys at EVO about running the four door 3" coils. This might help to minimize sag on your 2dr. I think I would start there if I had a 2dr running bumpers etc.. Just talk to EVO...they will set you straight. But this is a great short arm setup with Bilstein or King shocks.

Good luck with the build.

The enforcer kit can also be easily upgraded to the EVO DoubleD long arm kit if your "future jeep hating wife" begins to come around a bit!

sent from my Razr-M while driving my JK-U.......

You can wheel the Enforcer kit hard. It's a great kit.

No you can't! You must have coilovers in order to wheel anywhere but the mall. :crazyeyes:

OP: ORE used to have a gallery that I believe had some pictures of 2-doors with the enforcer kit on it, but it looks like the site is down. IMHO I think this lift would look great on a 2-door!
:twocents:

As for the shocks, the 2.5" are a great choice. But as I've said before, they are probably overkill unless you plan on driving very fast in the desert or offroad. Getting the King 2.0" will save you some cash and make the wife happy (happy wife = happy life). That said, I have been perfectly happy with mine and at KOH I was even more impressed with how they performed. I am glad I spent the extra money on them. In fact, I wish I had spent the extra money for the compression adjusters on the front set and I'll probably look to add them sometime. :doh:

I'll echo what was said above, do the install yourself. It isn't that difficult, just take your time and you'll learn a lot about your jeep in the process. :thumb:

[/QUOTE]
As for the shocks, the 2.5" are a great choice. But as I've said before, they are probably overkill unless you plan on driving very fast in the desert or offroad. Getting the King 2.0" will save you some cash and make the wife happy (happy wife = happy life). That said, I have been perfectly happy with mine and at KOH I was even more impressed with how they performed. I am glad I spent the extra money on them. In fact, I wish I had spent the extra money for the compression adjusters on the front set and I'll probably look to add them sometime. :doh:
[/QUOTE]

Overkill maybe; extremely tempting, yes! I am very interested in the 2.5 kings, would you say that you get better performance out of the adjustable compression models or the EVO spec models?

Oh, my mistake. I was under the impression that those shocks were just the off the shelf adjustable compression King shocks. Well sweet! I'll give EVO a call and firm everything up before I place my order. Thanks Mike.

:idontknow: I could be wrong too, but I know ORE works closely with King and I just assumed the model with compression adjusters would be valved to EVO specs as well. Curious to see what they tell you.

Oh and I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of getting the 2.5s. :thumb:

I just replied in another thread about the same topic on EVO spec'd King shocks. Yes Mel has worked extensively with the King shocks crew to get all the tuning so we don't have to get lost in the magical sauce of how to tune a race shock

I just replied in another thread about the same topic on EVO spec'd King shocks. Yes Mel has worked extensively with the King shocks crew to get all the tuning so we don't have to get lost in the magical sauce of how to tune a race shock

Good to know! I was just curious if the compression adjustable shocks are the same valving as the 2.5 ORE specs. A question I can direct at Chris :)

Thanks Greg. Mike, I will let you know what I find out.

Good to know! I was just curious if the compression adjustable shocks are the same valving as the 2.5 ORE specs. A question I can direct at Chris :)

Thanks Greg. Mike, I will let you know what I find out.

The Adjuster are added to our OFF ROAD EVOLUTION Spec King Shocks.
Also Off Road Evolution Has The best Prices on KING shocks and We get You the Best valving for your Vehicle, Do to our LONG history of setting up daily drivers and Trail rigs on coil overs.
Mel

The Adjuster are added to our OFF ROAD EVOLUTION Spec King Shocks.
Also Off Road Evolution Has The best Prices on KING shocks and We get You the Best valving for your Vehicle, Do to our LONG history of setting up daily drivers and Trail rigs on coil overs.
Mel

Awesome, that clears everything up for me. Thanks Mel, I appreciate you jumping in on this conversation and giving us a answer.

The compression adjustment allows me to do what exactly? Soften and firm up the ride for different applications?

Why we have the experts present. I like the idea of the 4 door springs on the 2 door to address the sagging of the plush springs. I want that comfortable ride. But an EVO 1/4 pounder and stinger are right around the corner. Would 4 door 4" coils address this? And compensate for the weight. I also run a spare on the back and my rear seat, so I run it heavy.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Awesome, that clears everything up for me. Thanks Mel, I appreciate you jumping in on this conversation and giving us a answer.

The compression adjuster allows me to do what exactly? Soften and firm up the ride for different applications?

The compression adjuster does stiffen compression ONLY no adjustment on REBOUND

Myself I say save your 400 bucks and put it to something else, Bumps, bypass shocks, Limit straps, ECT

Our Off road Evolution valving rides great we work with King daily and are on top of their shocks and the tech behind it .
People love gadgets, Buttons, Knobs and switches.
The adjuster is a good upgrade for The guy that wants to change stuff,or like pretty Knobs.

I have the Compression Adjusters on our race TJ1 because I didn't Have time to test and get our correct valving for that specific set up. We used the Knobs ! and are still going to RE VALVE the shock to get it were I want it.
Shock need to be valve correctly regardless if it has a compression adjuster on it or not. Compression adjusters on Properly Valve shocks can allow you to stiffen or soften the Ride a little.

Why we have the experts present. I like the idea of the 4 door springs on the 2 door to address the sagging of the plush springs. I want that comfortable ride. But an EVO 1/4 pounder and stinger are right around the corner. Would 4 door 4" coils address this? And compensate for the weight. I also run a spare on the back and my rear seat, so I run it heavy.

"address the sagging of the plush springs" I haven't HEARD nothing of this....If your having a Problem SAGGING let us Know, do you have our numbers and Email.

You can put what ever spring you like But I would prefer a 2 door to be LOW... but EVERYONE likes diffident .

The compression adjuster does stiffen compression ONLY no adjustment on REBOUND

Myself I say save your 400 bucks and put it to something else, Bumps, bypass shocks, Limit straps, ECT

Our Off road Evolution valving rides great we work with King daily and are on top of their shocks and the tech behind it .
People love gadgets, Buttons, Knobs and switches.
The adjuster is a good upgrade for The guy that wants to change stuff,or like pretty Knobs.

I have the Compression Adjusters on our race TJ1 because I didn't Have time to test and get our correct valving for that specific set up. We used the Knobs ! and are still going to RE VALVE the shock to get it were I want it.
Shock need to be valve correctly regardless if it has a compression adjuster on it or not. Compression adjusters on Properly Valve shocks can allow you to stiffen or soften the Ride a little.

Welcome to Wayalife lol you are talked about very fondly

"address the sagging of the plush springs" I haven't HEARD nothing of this....If your having a Problem SAGGING let us Know, do you have our numbers and Email.

You can put what ever spring you like But I would prefer a 2 door to be LOW... but EVERYONE likes diffident .

I honestly have no expertise at all in lifts. Someone just said earlier a heavy bumper might cause "sagging". I interprete sagging as a noticeable sag. Like a 4 inch lift becomes a 3 in the front. But mabey he used the term loosely. I want to sit relatively low. Clear 35's .and the flex a lift offers. From the sounds of it. Actual "sagging" isn't an issue

Top Bottom