EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

We had some crazy fuckers on bikes trying to force their way past us on Cliffhanger namesake obstacle. One almost ran me over. I thought for a split second Fiend was going to kick him right off the cliff!!:eek:

Haha. That would have been somethin

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

We had some crazy fuckers on bikes trying to force their way past us on Cliffhanger namesake obstacle. One almost ran me over. I thought for a split second Fiend was going to kick him right off the cliff!!:eek:

Haha. That would have been somethin

Is it just me or are bikers snobby fuckers? Even on the road. I don't mind giving way but they're pretty goddam obnoxious more often than not.

Is it just me or are bikers snobby fuckers? Even on the road. I don't mind giving way but they're pretty goddam obnoxious more often than not.

I rode for 15 years in LA traffic here in SoCal. Just sold the bike. Definitely some guys are like that. Many become organ donors. But when you ride you’re very exposed and at risk of getting hit. I always felt safer when I was going faster than the cars around me. Some car people find that obnoxious or threatening. So be it.

I rode for 15 years in LA traffic here in SoCal. Just sold the bike. Definitely some guys are like that. Many become organ donors. But when you ride you’re very exposed and at risk of getting hit. I always felt safer when I was going faster than the cars around me. Some car people find that obnoxious or threatening. So be it.

I rode motorcycles for 42 years. Nothing like the feeling of freedom on the open road, doctor can not order anything to duplicate that feeling. But bicycles are just too vulnerable, mainly because they are indeed slower than the flow of traffic. Impatient drivers always forcing you over. Not for me. Way too dangerous. Not to mention some asshole riders.:asshat:

I rode motorcycles for 42 years. Nothing like the feeling of freedom on the open road, doctor can not order anything to duplicate that feeling. But bicycles are just too vulnerable, mainly because they are indeed slower than the flow of traffic. Impatient drivers always forcing you over. Not for me. Way too dangerous. Not to mention some asshole riders.:asshat:

Oh bicycles. Sorry, brain fart. Yeah some of those guys can be kinda dicky

Oh bicycles. Sorry, brain fart. Yeah some of those guys can be kinda dicky

And it becomes especially dangerous for everyone on the mountain roads, since you can not see around the curves. They seem to come in hordes anymore! Rant over.

Didn't mean to sidetrack this thread. You guys have a great trip. You can not be disappointed. Remember, it's a "dry heat"! :clap2:

Well bad news. I’m not going to have as much time off as I had hoped after leaving my last job. My new job is a senior AMT on an EMS helicopter and they need me to start on Aug 3rd now instead of later in Aug, so I won’t be able to make it to Moab now. I’m glad I found another job so easy and fast but it’s a bummer I won’t get to go on this epic trip.

Well bad news. I’m not going to have as much time off as I had hoped after leaving my last job. My new job is a senior AMT on an EMS helicopter and they need me to start on Aug 3rd now instead of later in Aug, so I won’t be able to make it to Moab now. I’m glad I found another job so easy and fast but it’s a bummer I won’t get to go on this epic trip.

Sorry Tony. Good luck on the new job start though.

That's good you got a sweet job, too bad the start date is just wrong.

They won't let you negotiate? 3rd, 13th, what's the difference to them?

That's good you got a sweet job, too bad the start date is just wrong.

They won't let you negotiate? 3rd, 13th, what's the difference to them?

Part of the job working on an EMS helicopter. There’s only two mechanics for one aircraft, and it takes two people to support a 24/7 schedule. They need the vacancy filled.

I may have to miss this trip also. We just got hit hard where I work with covid and we have mass staffing shortages. I'm the nursing director so that means I might have to fill in if we can't get everything situated in a week. It's not looking good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I may have to miss this trip also. We just got hit hard where I work with covid and we have mass staffing shortages. I'm the nursing director so that means I might have to fill in if we can't get everything situated in a week. It's not looking good.

Damn it, dude! That’s no bueno!

Sorry Tony, Jeff had let me know. I’m glad you were able to find a job so fast. Is it pretty local to you?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sucks after all that work getting your Jeep built back up, but I get it. Keep us updated if things turn around.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

If anyone needs a spot in a house in moab let me know since I can't make it.

Sorry Tony, Jeff had let me know. I’m glad you were able to find a job so fast. Is it pretty local to you?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah I’m on the outskirts of Chambersburg, PA. New job is 20 miles away in Gettysburg.

Top Bottom