EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

That’s a sweet pic

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is a great shot

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That looks good where do you have your lights mounted?

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys. I have eight KC cyclones. Two on each side between the front and back wheels, just behind the rockers, pointing down. The other four are mounted on magnets and go on each bumper corner. The corners are angled, so the front lights shine down and forward and the back lights shine down and backward. When not in use, I move the lights inside the bumper so they’re out of sight and safe from damage.

When I was thinking about where to mount the lights, I saw a bunch of photos and videos online depicting lights mounted in wheel wells. That looks cool and dramatic, and would be good for showing off your rig, but isn’t so great for wheeling because you just get a bunch of shadows where you want there to be light.

Here’s a couple more that show the corner lights.

Adjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:
Bison rode so nice on coil overs it would be twice as nice on DTD. Does that help?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes Mark. Thanks for the motivational speech...

Someday maybe, but I’m really enjoying these Bolt on COs right now. We’ll see what I think after Moab and chasing a couple DTD rigs down the trail. I think the big difference is the rear flex and keeping all 4 on the floor. We will see

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yes Mark. Thanks for the motivational speech...

Someday maybe, but I’m really enjoying these Bolt on COs right now. We’ll see what I think after Moab and chasing a couple DTD rigs down the trail. I think the big difference is the rear flex and keeping all 4 on the floor. We will see

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Chasing??? I thought you were leading! Besides....what’s another 10k.

I figure there will probably be two or three runs each day, so more people will get a chance to lead. It's nice to rotate sometimes, so the view changes.

I figure there will probably be two or three runs each day, so more people will get a chance to lead. It's nice to rotate sometimes, so the view changes.

Haha. That’s funny. 2-3 runs per day at 110 degrees. 🤣[emoji23]

Officially one week until we head west!

I finally got the Jeep back together and on the road. 300 miles into the gear break in. We’ve got problems at work, so I’m on 13 hr night shift thru the weekend. No time to even test it out before heading west, but at least it’s together!!!!!

IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg

Officially one week until we head west!

I finally got the Jeep back together and on the road. 300 miles into the gear break in. We’ve got problems at work, so I’m on 13 hr night shift thru the weekend. No time to even test it out before heading west, but at least it’s together!!!!!

View attachment 350594
View attachment 350595

Looks good! What better place to test all these Jeeps out than Moab.

One week to go!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I'm talking two or three groups, each doing one good run. 20+ rigs on one run together won't flow well

Bingo.... I'm planning on being on the trail at least 12 hours a day.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha. That’s funny. 2-3 runs per day at 110 degrees. 🤣[emoji23]

Yes, we are going to break this up into 2-3 groups depending on the trail, Jeeps, and who wants to run with who.

I’m all for knocking out as much as we can, but we’ll see how much of a toll that heat takes on us and the Jeeps.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom