Denver wheelin this weekend

Just to clarify.

Trail: Illinois Gulch (Outside Woodland Park, CO)
Meet: Cabelas I-25 South and Ridgegate, Lone Tree, CO
Time: 8:30 Meet up, depart 8:45
CB Channel: 14

Will do a fuel stop in Sedalia to top off fuel. Hit State HWY 67 to the trailhead.

Bring lunch and drinks, and standard off highway gear.

Thanks for the info - I might join. I'm going to try and get my skid plates on today. While I could wheel without them, I'm really keen to get them installed before I do. All this damn snow has made it tough to get done. If I can't make it tomorrow I'll probably try again in a couple weeks.

Hope you can make it.

FYI for those concerned about the trail. I ran it in November in 2wd so it is not terribly difficult. The only challenge really is Moab Hill which is optional. The snow should make it fun.

Currently have 5 rigs going so there will be plenty of help if needed.

I'm gonna do some more research on the trail and hopefully have a decision by the late after noon.

Well guys I gotsta work tomorrow contractors want to get there concrete
Poured before next snow coming in tomorrow afternoon. :furious3:: next time
Have fun.....

Great. Glad to hear that you are joining and you got your CB hooked up. Channel 14. See you at 8:30.

Well, I'm sitting in Denver airport right now trying to fly home. Flights already been delayed over an hour, but you guys should have a great time snow wheeling if you gon

Yeah CJP is a pretty good group and they are pretty active.

I am running a Cobra CB but don't remember which model.

I've never run Slaughterhouse Gulch, but some other wheelers I spoke with say it fun in the snow, but there can be a lot of winching. With that being said, I am most likely going to run Illinois Gulch/Missouri Gulch. I have a couple of others that are going to join me on the run.

Here is a link to a trail report in snow. It is not a difficult trail but should be fun in the snow.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/r..._gulch/110115&n=roger_on_the_trail_part_1.jpg

Most likely will meet at the Cabelas in Lone Tree at 8:30 and roll out through Deckers to Hwy 67.

Just saw this today. I would have gone. :doh:
I should watch this forum more closely!

Top Bottom