Critter Tread - Trapping

My wife has been taking care of the neighbors barn cats while they are out of town. She told me yesterday morning that the last two nights something had knocked over the crate that was housing the cat food. Figured I knew what it was. Set a trap last night and this morning had this little guy. Hopefully no more issues tonight.
IMG_2675.jpeg

My wife has been taking care of the neighbors barn cats while they are out of town. She told me yesterday morning that the last two nights something had knocked over the crate that was housing the cat food. Figured I knew what it was. Set a trap last night and this morning had this little guy. Hopefully no more issues tonight.
View attachment 409800
You gonna skin it?

OK. It's time. What have you caught? What do you want to catch? What struggles? What tips/tricks?

I am still chasing my coyote. I have tried numerous baits lures sets urine. Never ends. The more I watch him on camera though the more I learn. Sadly, I have caught more non-target critters in the coyote traps so I put DPs out to contain them, lol. But it works.
Where the hell are you? Did you move? Thought you were in Colorado.

I’ve never caught a coyote in a leg hold. Caught a ton of coyotes in snares. Snares are cheap, easy and you can get a nice trap line going with them. I’ve caught too many skunks, coons, possums in live traps and leg holds. My favorite was live trapping bobcats. That was a ton of fun. Do you have bobbers where your at?

Where the hell are you? Did you move? Thought you were in Colorado.

I’ve never caught a coyote in a leg hold. Caught a ton of coyotes in snares. Snares are cheap, easy and you can get a nice trap line going with them. I’ve caught too many skunks, coons, possums in live traps and leg holds. My favorite was live trapping bobcats. That was a ton of fun. Do you have bobbers where your at?
I moved out of there years ago. Way east now. I've actually looked at some of the snare stuff and considered it. The game trails are thick and would hold nicely. Glad to hear you've had success.

I do have bobcats. Got a friend who saw one not too long ago close by. I have all the stuff for trapping if need be. I've watched some videos on it. Looks like a blast.

Top Bottom