CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the dark, they work good though. I would recommend the 9w over the 3w ones. They're the same size just brighter!

this is awesome! i rather have this than the large reverse lights mounted to the frame. I would be interested in how you got this installed? also wondering why there are 3 on each side; do 1 or 2 not put out enough light?

this is awesome! i rather have this than the large reverse lights mounted to the frame. I would be interested in how you got this installed? also wondering why there are 3 on each side; do 1 or 2 not put out enough light?

I did 3 just because I liked it. You can do whatever. 7/16" hole and wire into the reverse light. That's it!

Awesome. And put a rush on it, I'm in a hurry. 😉

^^yes, that's a joke. I don't hurry to install anything. 😕 Ha ha. Just putting together a few options before pulling the trigger. Thanks.

I posted a few pictures in my EVO rear corner skins install thread for you! Didn't want to derail another thread! :):thumbup:
Let me know if you'd like some more.

Not in the dark, they work good though. I would recommend the 9w over the 3w ones. They're the same size just brighter!

Like that idea -- assuming wired direct into Reverse lights circuit, but did you do a manual switch as well (for night time trailer hook up etc.)?

Well the news is in...just like everyone told me Chrysler pulled through and voided my warranty. After telling me twice that "no fault" had been established and it was a matter of fix or replace they flat out did the opposite and denied it. I was told this morning that they would put it back together and I can come pick it up. I've been looking into actually fighting this all morning and feel I may just tip my cap order a 3.6 on eBay and swap it locally. Good news I'll have my jeep in my hands again, bad news...well all of it :cheesy:

Such is life I guess I always had the gut feeling it could happen but I felt (probably like others) that I had a good chance. When you walk the edge of a contact you can fall off at any time.

As always I'm up for any ideas or thoughts on how to proceed from here with Chrysler. I'm not one to not fight if I feel I have just but at a certain point financially it's just a better decision.

Well the news is in...just like everyone told me Chrysler pulled through and voided my warranty. After telling me twice that "no fault" had been established and it was a matter of fix or replace they flat out did the opposite and denied it. I was told this morning that they would put it back together and I can come pick it up. I've been looking into actually fighting this all morning and feel I may just tip my cap order a 3.6 on eBay and swap it locally. Good news I'll have my jeep in my hands again, bad news...well all of it :cheesy:

Such is life I guess I always had the gut feeling it could happen but I felt (probably like others) that I had a good chance. When you walk the edge of a contact you can fall off at any time.

As always I'm up for any ideas or thoughts on how to proceed from here with Chrysler. I'm not one to not fight if I feel I have just but at a certain point financially it's just a better decision.

That just sucks!

Get a lemon law attorney. California has laws in place to protect the consumer in these instances. I had a major problem with a Titan and brakes. Nissan kept saying there was nothing wrong yet it was still doing it. Got an attorney (no money out of pocket) and they ended up buying my vehicle back as there was no fix.

Get a lemon law attorney. California has laws in place to protect the consumer in these instances. I had a major problem with a Titan and brakes. Nissan kept saying there was nothing wrong yet it was still doing it. Got an attorney (no money out of pocket) and they ended up buying my vehicle back as there was no fix.

I'll reach out to one but from everything I've read it's 18k or 18 months whichever is first. It was within the 18 months but not 18k. Thanks!

I'll reach out to one but from everything I've read it's 18k or 18 months whichever is first. It was within the 18 months but not 18k. Thanks!

Man, that blows. I guess they figure they are Jeep and you and I will continue I buy Jeeps (at least until something better comes by)

That sucks. I was really hoping to hear that they would take care of you. Good luck with whatever direction you decide to go.

I'll reach out to one but from everything I've read it's 18k or 18 months whichever is first. It was within the 18 months but not 18k. Thanks![/

California Lemon Law:
An Overview
The California Lemon Law requires a vehicle manufacturer that is unable to repair a vehicle to conform to the manufacturer’s express warranty after a reasonable number of repair attempts to replace or repurchase the vehicle.
Although there is no set number for “reasonable repair attempts,” California’s Lemon Law Presumption contains guidelines for determining when a “reasonable number” of repair attempts has been made.
The California Lemon Law covers the following new and used vehicles sold or leased in California that come with the manufacturer’s new vehicle warranty:
• Cars, pickup trucks, vans, and SUVs.
• The chassis, chassis cab, and drivetrain of a motorhome.
• Dealer-owned vehicles and demonstrators.
• Many vehicles purchased or leased primarily for business use.
• Vehicles purchased or leased for personal, family, or household purposes.
The California Lemon Law applies throughout the duration of the vehicle manufacturer’s original warranty period. Consult your vehicle manufacturer’s warranty manual for warranty periods pertaining to your vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom