CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice new line. What are you using to do the gender cutting/trimming? About to cut mine and I'd like to keep as clean of a cut as possible.

I used a Dremel with a fine cutting wheel made for plastic. If you use the metal cut wheel it melts the plastic too much. Just keep a nice line it can go quick. If you need to clean anything small up you can either use the Dremel grinding disc or use tin snips.

I just thought I would start a history about what has happened with my motor issues, what the dealerships tell me, and hopefully the outcome.

Not looking good. Time to call AAA...
View attachment 137134

View attachment 137135

And crippledpete is on his way to grand junction
View attachment 137151

Tow truck runs worse than my jeep :eek:

View attachment 137164

They gave me a great deal...should I just upgrade :cheesy:

View attachment 137288

Well here is where I'm at...

What is known:
They have ran a few electrical tests and have determined that both cam shaft sensors (which we figured one was bad) are faulty. As well my crankshaft sensor is bad and at least one of my coils is bad too.

They had one sensor in stock but had to special order the others from Denver. They said the likelihood of them showing up early tomorrow or even at all tomorrow were slim. They said once they had all the sensors replaced and my electrical system checked out they would move to mechanical.

Unknown:
They have no clue if there is any damage in the cylinders, heads, bent rod, barrings, etc. They are extremely concerned due to the fact I've had my head gasket and heads checked prior. When it first started it sounded like a slight knock but later in the day it wasn't there (never stayed consistent with rpm).

Now:
So since they were at least a day but most likely two or three before they knew anything I chose to hop a flight and head home and wait in the comfort of my own Casa.

Thanks again to everyone who offered rides, places to stay, even vehicles to drive in Moab!!

Even though this sucks just look at the bright side...screw the bright side I want my jeep back :cheesy:

Update #2:

All sensors were replaced and the problem wasn't fixed.

They pulled the cam shafts and one was broke. I asked if they were going to keep investigating and they told me yes but want to get this swapped first.

It feels like they should just find "all" the issues then fix them. But who cares I guess still under warranty :yup: :thumb:

Update:

Well as most of you know but some where not there, I am back up and running again. I got a call Friday morning that it was complete! So I hopped on the first fight to grand junction and was off.

The verdict is they replaced crank shaft sensor, cam shaft sensors, crank shaft, cylinder heads on 4 and 6, camshaft phaser, camshaft intake and exhaust solenoids, coil, plugs, all gaskets, oil, coolant, filters, etc (I think that's it...). Awesome, runs great...right? Nope.

It drove great for about 900 miles but the last 100-150 were a little rough. The next morning I checked my oil because I had talked to grand junction about its oil consumption. It was a full 2 quarts but closer to 2.5 low. This is in 1000 miles after a brand new oil change. I topped it off like I usually do, checked everything else and started driving home. About 60 miles from home I start feeling a click again. My gut says it won't last long so it will be back in the dealership tomorrow.

The saga continues...

Update...I think?

Took my jeep in Monday after burning 2.5 qts of oil on my way home from grand junction. They looked at it all week and gave it back to me today saying nothing was wrong but they did too off my oil another .5 qts. So that was 3qts in 1300 miles. I about lost it on the poor lady. Now my jeep is "sealed" for oil consumption test. I get to drive it for 300-500 miles and take it back in. They did say they would just try to fix it and wouldn't replace it if it was burning oil. My optimism is being killed a slow painful death:grayno:

Well I took my jeep back in yesterday to see "whats next". I got a call right before they closed telling me they were keeping it another day. I asked what was going on and what they found. They would / could not tell me what my oil consumption was after 700 miles of driving it. All they told me was they are replacing my PCV valve and will test from there. I feel like I'm getting the runaround at this point.

Next I spoke to the local referee about a possible motor swap. Long story short that will most likely not be in my future due to "emission controls". The guy and I spoke for awhile and after he dodged pretty much all my questions that required him to actually define their codes he told me that he would not pass my vehicle if he saw it. Bottom line is in the state of California you are subject to emission controls warranty until you're at 80,000 miles and cannot change ANYTHING according to this guy that was related to emissions.

I am still looking into possible options if the dealer tells me to pound sand...to be continued
:tantrum:

Well I took my jeep back in yesterday to see "whats next". I got a call right before they closed telling me they were keeping it another day. I asked what was going on and what they found. They would / could not tell me what my oil consumption was after 700 miles of driving it. All they told me was they are replacing my PCV valve and will test from there. I feel like I'm getting the runaround at this point.

Next I spoke to the local referee about a possible motor swap. Long story short that will most likely not be in my future due to "emission controls". The guy and I spoke for awhile and after he dodged pretty much all my questions that required him to actually define their codes he told me that he would not pass my vehicle if he saw it. Bottom line is in the state of California you are subject to emission controls warranty until you're at 80,000 miles and cannot change ANYTHING according to this guy that was related to emissions.

I am still looking into possible options if the dealer tells me to pound sand...to be continued :tantrum:

Damn, that sucks! Sounds like the same thing I've heard from others before.

As far as motor swaps go, I'm just glad that I don't live in Kalifornia anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom