Cooper STT Pros and ATX Beadlocks.

It's not common but it can happen on ANY beadlock wheel. I personally know someone who's been hurt by this and it's the reason why you should NEVER stand in front of a newly installed beadlock ring when airing it up for the first time.

The Trail Ready instructions say never re-torque the bolts after initial installation

Attachments

• HDbeadlockinstall.pdf
    151.9 KB · Views: 11
Holding the tire on is all tensile. Now when u r grinding the wheel against a rock I could see some shear loads.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Exactly! Only thing I was thinking about the shear is that the sidewall is supporting the weight of the jeep and transferring that force to the ring to some degree, but what amount I have not a clue, could be negligible or could be something, not really sure.

All I can say is that I started running Spyderlocs soon after they came out, way back when Clifton still owned the company. I have since run multiple sets of Slabs, Chamber Pro II's and now XD231's. ALL of these beadlock wheels have the same ring design and run the same bolts. During this time, I have run multiple sets of tires including Toyo, Nitto, Goodyear and Cooper and in different sizes and using the same bolts. Again, I've had to replace an insert here and there but that's about it. I do take special care to clean and inspect all my bolts prior to reinstalling but so far, I've not had an issue. This is not to say what I'm doing is right or even a good idea - just sharing what limited experience I have.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I've had my rings off a few times and never thought anything about it since it didn't say anything in the instructions about not reusing the bolts. I clean them up with a wire wheel on my bench grinder before reinstallation. Luckily I haven't backed any inserts out.

My bolts on the ATX slabs have never loosed up in 50K miles. Always good on the torque settings. On a side note, getting ready to replace my tires on my ATX slabs. Any recommendations on valve stems?

My bolts on the ATX slabs have never loosed up in 50K miles. Always good on the torque settings. On a side note, getting ready to replace my tires on my ATX slabs. Any recommendations on valve stems?
You sure your torque wrench works?

I have had 2 different sets, so that's 10 wheels/tires, and when brand new every one had a least a few that were below torque when checked 2 weeks after install and after a few short drives.

You sure your torque wrench works?

I have had 2 different sets, so that's 10 wheels/tires, and when brand new every one had a least a few that were below torque when checked 2 weeks after install and after a few short drives.

Good question..... I will check them all when I swap tires.

Top Bottom