Building Clutch's Battle Station

Buy us all strippers and coke.

41RUzi0Vh4L._SX355_.jpg

220px-Flasche_Coca-Cola_0%2C2_Liter.jpg

HAHAH I'm so funny.

I can't decide! Definitely the air down tool, but that's only like $30. Maybe he ARB single or Rocksliders without Rockskins.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I vote ARB. You will seriously use that thing ALL the time. I use my compressor in my Jeep more than my full size compressor in my garage. Although, you can't go wrong with a good set of sliders, either.

Do you have the single or twin?

I have the single. Airs up my 33s pretty quick, gives me just enough time to pack up my trail gear and reconnect my swaybar. WJCO has the twin, and he also airs up 33s. When I was in Colorado, he did air up quicker than me but I'm not sure by how much. I wish we would have timed it, it would have been cool to see the difference.

DSC00201.JPG

Yea, the twin is a bit rich for me, but it may be worth it since you can run air tools with it.

I wouldn't let air tools be a deciding factor for OBA on a Jeep. I've never been in a situation (or seen anyone) who needed air tools on the trail. I have an electric impact, and anything else I can do by hand or some other tool. If you're planning to go bigger than 35s, I would say go for the twin, but if you're staying at 35s or below the single would be plenty... it might just take a few minutes longer.

True points, I don't currently have an impact driver, but I like the Milwaukee Fuel, but that's expensive too. If I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone that be great.

I liked the Fuel series, but I went to Bomgaars and they had the 20v Dewalts on sale. I picked up a $300 impact for $180, plus two batteries. The batteries alone in those suckers are about $60 a pop. I use my electric impact more than my air impact... in fact, the ONLY time I use my air impact is if both batteries are dead in my Dewalt. Love that thing to death.

I've got a 24v Kobalt impact and it's been great. I can't imagine having an air tool on the trail would be that much of an advantage over electric tools.

And as you've seen Clutch, a cheap ass portable compressor will still get the job done. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the single ARB.

I've got a 24v Kobalt impact and it's been great. I can't imagine having an air tool on the trail would be that much of an advantage over electric tools.

And as you've seen Clutch, a cheap ass portable compressor will still get the job done. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the single ARB.

This is true, and they do work, however their reliability leaves more to be desired. Now, I haven't tried all compressors... obviously, but the cheap ones I did try all overheated within the first 6 months. I have never heard of anyone's ARB compressor overheating. That's why I chose to run it. When I'm 30+ miles from the nearest gas station in the middle of nowhere, I want my compressor to work haha.

This is true, and they do work, however their reliability leaves more to be desired. Now, I haven't tried all compressors... obviously, but the cheap ones I did try all overheated within the first 6 months. I have never heard of anyone's ARB compressor overheating. That's why I chose to run it. When I'm 30+ miles from the nearest gas station in the middle of nowhere, I want my compressor to work haha.

Totally understand, the last time I had to use the little Viair compressor I have I was pouring water on it to keep it cool LOL:crazyeyes: But hey, It only cost me like 40 bucks and it's been airing up my tires (and some other stuff) for over a year and a half.

Top Bottom