aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

I had a fairly productive day. Installed the remaining steering arms, control arms, mounted the ARB compressor, XDII gear box, PSC power steering pump and reservoir. It looks like I need to cut off the Dynatrac installed lower shock mounts in the front and the track bar mount in the rear.

IMG_1125.JPGIMG_1128.JPGIMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1130.JPG
IMG_1131.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had a fairly productive day. Installed the remaining steering arms, control arms, mounted the ARB compressor, XDII gear box, PSC power steering pump and reservoir. It looks like I need to cut off the Dynatrac installed lower shock mounts in the front and the track bar mount in the rear.

View attachment 280417

View attachment 280418

View attachment 280419

View attachment 280420

Your Steering Ram looks like it is installed backwards, you want the body to be attached to the axle so that the hoses don't move when you are steering. those axles are a thing of beauty.

Hey, thanks Benito. The angle may not be the best, but I have the fixed end connected to the axle mount. I'll try to get some better pics and welcome any guidance you can provide.

Hey, thanks Benito. The angle may not be the best, but I have the fixed end connected to the axle mount. I'll try to get some better pics and welcome any guidance you can provide.

Benito, you were correct on the ram. Nice catch. Here is the tie rod / drag link. It looks super tight. Is this correct?

IMG_1155.jpg

The axle is centered and I need to weld the Evo rear track bar bracket tomorrow. I pushed the axle back about a half inch to clear the gas tank, but hadn't tried centering it on the bumps yet. Ran out of time tonight. The yoke is really close to my canister skid as well, so it may need to be relocated as well.

What kind of tie rod, drag link, and control arms are those? They look good

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's the Dynatrac tie rod, Moog (stock) drag link and I fabricated the control arms from 2x2x.250 stock and Johnny Joints. To be honest, I'm not crazy about the steering arms. I would have preferred a different tie rod - something like the Currie for ease adjustment and a straight drag link, but I'm still not sure if it would work with the PSC.

Luckily toe doesn't have to be adjusted often, because it's going to be a royal PIA. I wonder if I should move the drag link to the top of the knuckle and notch the frame?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

I would drive it first and see how it does. I also wouldn't be too crazy about drilling that new aluminum knuckle to flip the drag link. I think Eddie and Cindy are running that exact setup on rubicat. Maybe they have some input regarding clearance at that location.

Top Bottom