aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

To say these axles are big is an understatement. They are freaking HUGE and make the stock D44's look fragile by comparison.

To say these axles are big is an understatement. They are freaking HUGE and make the stock D44's look fragile by comparison.

LOL!! You really do have to see them in person and next to something like a Dana 44 to really appreciate them :crazyeyes:

Uncrating the axle wasn't that bad with a cherry picker. Jack stands on top of small furniture carts makes shifting them around fairly easy. If all goes well, I'll cut the extra brackets off the axles and get them bolted up this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's been pretty quiet here. Dynatrac informed us the axles are a couple weeks behind schedule, so I'm going to try getting a head start on anything I can do without the axles. I plan on ordering an ARB dual compressor, upgraded stainless braided locker air lines and a PSC cylinder assist. In speaking with PSC, they recommended a Big Bore XDII, pump and reservoir all set up with -AN fittings. -6AN on the pressure side and -8AN return lines and a 8"x1.75 cylinder. This is the first cylinder assist I have run, so any thoughts on that configuration is welcome.

Did they tell you how much more it is for the all -an lines?

I'm biased because I have them too, but machined finish Chambers are my absolute favorite wheels. Did you coat yours with anything to protect them? I use Sharkhide and they're a breeze to clean. Brake dust pretty much rinses right off.

Negative on the -an lines, but Russell Performance sells the kit. It's the same one Eddie installed. There are also race shops that can make Teflon lined stainless hoses to length in case you want to avoid adding additional sections.

Negative on the -an lines, but Russell Performance sells the kit. It's the same one Eddie installed. There are also race shops that can make Teflon lined stainless hoses to length in case you want to avoid adding additional sections.

Okay. I know the lines for the Arb. I thought you were talking about doing the whole psc set up with an fittings

I'm biased because I have them too, but machined finish Chambers are my absolute favorite wheels. Did you coat yours with anything to protect them? I use Sharkhide and they're a breeze to clean. Brake dust pretty much rinses right off.

I haven't yet, but will look into that product. Thanks for the heads up.

Okay. I know the lines for the Arb. I thought you were talking about doing the whole psc set up with an fittings

Sorry, my bad. Yes, I'm doing all race lines, buy not from PSC. I'll source them myself and give you my BOM when I finish if you are interested. I going to set all the hard parts up before I order the fittings. Should be around $500 with a cooler.

I spent about a day and a half on the axles this weekend and don't feel like I got a whole lot done. The front is bolted up to the control arms. I pulled the gear box, re-routed some wires and fab'd up this monstrosity of a track bar mount for the front axle side that I tore off in Colorado.IMG_1097.JPGView attachment 279790
Image1508115046.946404.jpg

Last edited:

Were you able to use the aerosol spray can of Sharkhide or the 32oz can?

Top Bottom