Are You Happy with Your EVO Bolt-On Coil Over Springs?

Are you happy with the spring rates that came on your EVO Bolt-On Coil Overs?

• Yes, I am competely satified with the spring rates I got out of the box.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • No. I wish they came with a softer spring rate

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No. I wish they came with a heavier spring rate

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters
IMG_1440.jpgIMG_1442.jpgIMG_1441.jpg
Installed the rubber haven't drove it yet but hopefully it solves my problem. I did both driver and passenger sides. I used rubber belting I get for free from work I have a ton of it and can cut it into 6x6 squares. it's pretty thick I used two per side. so if anybody needs any pm me and I'll send you some.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I found another reason it was popping so hard... all my shocks were super low... the right rear was at 0psi the rest were under 100psi... now it's almost completely gone...

What all are you guys running in addition to the coilover kit itself? Any other suspension or axle modifications? I just bought a 2014 JKUR X and plan to mostly take trips to the sand dunes where we go camping a lot. I figured coilovers were the way to go since that's what most of the vehicles that are running around there quick have. Appreciate any input you guys have!

You think EVO would check the the pressure before the send them to you thanks for the tip tho I'm gonna go tomorrow and get them checked

They are made and boxed by King to Evo specifications not built at EVO. There isn't one psi setting either. You can have 70 or 150 or something in between. You can change for your set up. Most of the time they are sent from one of their distributors like Northridge etc. where they could be sitting on a shelf as well.

They are made and boxed by King to Evo specifications not built at EVO. There isn't one psi setting either. You can have 70 or 150 or something in between. You can change for your set up. Most of the time they are sent from one of their distributors like Northridge etc. where they could be sitting on a shelf as well.

Ohh understood that makes sense I got mine from north ridge I have a 4 door Rubicon with 35s and no spare tire and steel bumpers any decent guess where I should set my pressure to just trying to get an idea?

I am really starting to enjoy them now, there is still some spring pinging in the rear, but i got the clunk 75%handled i ended up going to 250/350 front 250/300 rear.. with like 1 inch of preload on the right side and 1/2" on the left due to the stank lean jks have lol.... im looking at possibly doing a 1/2"body lift to actually eliminate the thump in the rear...if your considering these coils...99% will need the hd springs or heavier... and the agm sliders help alot but 450$worth? Depends on the person i suppose...

I am really starting to enjoy them now, there is still some spring pinging in the rear, but i got the clunk 75%handled i ended up going to 250/350 front 250/300 rear.. with like 1 inch of preload on the right side and 1/2" on the left due to the stank lean jks have lol.... im looking at possibly doing a 1/2"body lift to actually eliminate the thump in the rear...if your considering these coils...99% will need the hd springs or heavier... and the agm sliders help alot but 450$worth? Depends on the person i suppose...

Not worth $450 to me.

Glad to hear you're getting things more to your liking.

I have the Evo Coilovers and have been considering getting heavier springs and AGM sliders. Currently I'am running the stock spring rate that came with them from Evo.

I just charged the shocks today, found them all to be close to 100 psi. Put 150 psi in the front shocks and 200 psi in the rear. Now I am looking at getting different springs. The fronts have about 1" of preload and and seem to be fine. Other than the transition ring is no were near the slider and the threads on shock body stop short 1.5" from the bottom of the threads. Also noticed that is looks like the transition ring rubs the inside of the top spring when I went to adjust it down closer to the slider.

How close does the transition ring needs to be to the slider on the front?

The rear on the other hand seems to need some different springs installed. The driver's side has about 1.75" of preload and the passanger is set at 2" of preload to even the jeep out in the rear. Would like to get the preload down a bit in the rear and allow just a tad bit more lift.

What is the recommendation on springs rates for the rear?

Last edited:
What I've learned from coilovers so far is that everyone's jeep weighs differently on every corner due to what they've done with it. I'm happy with where I have mine - about 2.5" preload in the front and a little less than 1" in the rear. Still have the same springs that Evo sent me. Works good for me :thumb:

I am running bumperless and moved my exhaust to the driver side which kicks out right after the axle.

Last edited:
I'am thinking about tring 10-250lb rear upper spring and see if that helps take some of the preload back out. Figured I might as well try it if I am going to swap the sliders anyways.

I'am thinking about tring 10-250lb rear upper spring and see if that helps take some of the preload back out. Figured I might as well try it if I am going to swap the sliders anyways.

If you haven't bought the sliders yet pm me. I have a pair you can have for a song.

Dave

Top Bottom