ANOTHER WINDSHIELD Bites the Dust - What Number are You On?

Have you tried Windshield Defense by Racing Optics? It's like a screen protector, but for your windshield. I've seen videos on IG and it prevents cracking
Welcome to Wayalife… Odd your first post was recommending a product and finding this thread by searching. I have heard of racing optics - do you work for them by any chance?

A few years ago. This one really scared me. A dump truck drove by, I think it was carrying slag rock for somebody's driveway.

I thought I'd been shot.

windsheild.jpg

First one on the gladiator and second one on the JK. Had them both replaced a couple weeks ago. The gladiator already has a chip in it lol
I feel your pain. I had my JL windshield replaced last year. Kid you not, less than 5 days later, huge crack on a road trip. I’ve yet to replace it. Ha ha.

Ok so my tale of woe is the day I bought my JTR, driving it home, BAM! Chip city......

So how do you tell if you have GG?

Has anyone ever tried the protective layers things?

Jim

Ok, after all my gloating, I have joined the fray! Today at 60,037 miles, I now have my first cracked windshield. The bullshit part of it is that I was a third of the way down an off-ramp with nobody around me. A semi, quite a ways ahead, and on the interstate must’ve flung a rock one hellova distance.

IMG_6737.jpeg

Ok, after all my gloating, I have joined the fray! Today at 60,037 miles, I now have my first cracked windshield. The bullshit part of it is that I was a third of the way down an off-ramp with nobody around me. A semi, quite a ways ahead, and on the interstate must’ve flung a rock one hellova distance.

View attachment 410099
Man what a bummer!

(Over here smirking at my 80,129 miles and counting with my original windshield 😏)

View attachment 410099
ya had it coming - that's all I gotta say 🤪

Two weeks after getting a new windshield I catch a rock. This is previously to the same deal last year with windshields. I’m on my fourth in two years and changed my deductible because of that

Attachments

• IMG_6875.jpeg
    IMG_6875.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom