2016 Wayalife End of Summer WINDROCK Run - Official Event Thread

I'm almost ready... test ran the new tires last night at Uwharrie and all will be well once i throw on the new front bumper and cut the fenders.

20160610_223725.jpg

Alright INTERMEDIATE GROUP, need some assistance. Currently I have only 1 group set for you all, because I've only had 1 group step up to lead, a combo of whytiptoe and Mr.Ty. I need 2 more group leaders. If you have never been to the park, I can assure you that a map, and the Maplets app should you choose, will be all that's needed to navigate the trails. The majority of them are fairly well marked. The main thing I need out of a group leader is to be able to keep the group moving and helping with spotting when needed. SO, who would like to volunteer? If anyone has any questions/concerns that you'd like to discuss, feel free to PM me.

Well, I'm finally able to make an official announcement in regards to one of the things I have been working on for everyone.

Our AMAZING vendor, Dynatrac, has really stepped up to the plate. This year, we will be giving away one of their ProGrip Brake kits at the event!! :rock:

View attachment 207927

Thanks again to Dynatrac for making this possible!

Wow!!!! That is so freakin' awesome of you to work on and arrange!!!!! And major "Thank you" to Wayalife and Dynatrac. I go away for a few days, and this thread just explodes!!!!!!![emoji33]

Alright INTERMEDIATE GROUP, need some assistance. Currently I have only 1 group set for you all, because I've only had 1 group step up to lead, a combo of whytiptoe and Mr.Ty. I need 2 more group leaders. If you have never been to the park, I can assure you that a map, and the Maplets app should you choose, will be all that's needed to navigate the trails. The majority of them are fairly well marked. The main thing I need out of a group leader is to be able to keep the group moving and helping with spotting when needed. SO, who would like to volunteer? If anyone has any questions/concerns that you'd like to discuss, feel free to PM me.

I am not yet good enough at picking lines and do not have enough experience differentiating approaches for 2Dr vs. 4Dr?, so I would not be able to be a leader. Also, TX terrain is quite significantly different than TN. However, I would be happy to be tail gunner or assist in any other way.

My rig meets the Advanced requirements, and I would be OK being moved into the easier of the Advanced rides if that helps your numbers out. I do need spotting, some hand-holding, and occasional rescuing when I'm sitting on my diff, T-case, steering bar, etc. [emoji85] I usually do decently with some of the more challenging things I have tried, and then will turn around and do some retarded maneuver on a Park road [emoji15]

Can't wait!!!!!

Trevor if no one else volunteers I will help out.

Have you tried contacting A guy and A Garage, and RockYour4x4, both local shops to windrock that run windrock frequently. I bet they would be more than happy to help guide some groups.

Wow!!!! That is so freakin' awesome of you to work on and arrange!!!!! And major "Thank you" to Wayalife and Dynatrac. I go away for a few days, and this thread just explodes!!!!!!![emoji33]

I am not yet good enough at picking lines and do not have enough experience differentiating approaches for 2Dr vs. 4Dr?, so I would not be able to be a leader. Also, TX terrain is quite significantly different than TN. However, I would be happy to be tail gunner or assist in any other way.

My rig meets the Advanced requirements, and I would be OK being moved into the easier of the Advanced rides if that helps your numbers out. I do need spotting, some hand-holding, and occasional rescuing when I'm sitting on my diff, T-case, steering bar, etc. [emoji85] I usually do decently with some of the more challenging things I have tried, and then will turn around and do some retarded maneuver on a Park road [emoji15]

Can't wait!!!!!

Thanks for the offer! As far as what group you're running, that's really up to you. If your rig is setup for Advanced and you run the Intermediate, there will be a couple of challenges but will be a much easier trail ride. It's really up to you as to what you're looking for with the event.

Have you tried contacting A guy and A Garage, and RockYour4x4, both local shops to windrock that run windrock frequently. I bet they would be more than happy to help guide some groups.

Thanks for offering Chad. I'll let you know if I need your help. As far as bringing in outside assistance, I'm wanting to keep things completely within WAL as of now. I'll keep the idea in the back of my head should things grow more.

Some of the guys from Rockyour4x4 went with JKWEEBIE, Medixjk and myself the 1st we went to Windrock. They were very helpful

Bro, if I could get away with starting every day with a Bloody Mary I would. They are the best. I like them with so much vegetables / pickles / olives it's like a meal haha. The spicier the better.

Me too brother! This is my homemade mix i have been working on. I'll be bringing some to the meet for sure, i'll have to mix you one up!

Alright, so I'm in need of one more volunteer to lead an Intermediate group! They will run in the group with MedixJK and I on Friday and then lead the group on Saturday. Anyone?

Ok guys my updated map is up on maplets. I am sorry for it being blurry. I will get that resolved when I get some time and some good lighting, which I hope will be sometime this week. However in the mean time you can see the true grade of trails as they stand today. Again it's got some blurry parts and I will get that corrected sometime this week and send them the update.

Ok guys my updated map is up on maplets. I am sorry for it being blurry. I will get that resolved when I get some time and some good lighting, which I hope will be sometime this week. However in the mean time you can see the true grade of trails as they stand today. Again it's got some blurry parts and I will get that corrected sometime this week and send them the update.

Awesome! Thanks Shane!

Trevor,

I'll help out in the intermediate group.

Tom

Thanks Tom! I'm going to have you and 72blubyu handle the third group. As of right now, you guys will be in the group led by me and MedixJK on Friday and then on your own on Saturday.

Top Bottom