2014 Vegas to Reno Race Recap - EVO 1 Takes 1st Place!!

Congrats to the entire team, especially Mel and GCM2 for their time at the wheel and Eddie for having the quick eye for the track bar, guy. Quite an accomplishment!:thumb::thumb:

Congrats to the team! 3.5 hours is a lot to gain from last year! :thumbup:
Awesome pics! Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

.....this is the first time I have noticed the sway bar links/setup on EVO1 ..... not sure how long it has been set up this way but looks very solid.

The factory sway bar, heavy duty sway bar link with gusseted arms to the axle, along with EVO mfg's 4 link control arm set up (EVO Monster Links) is exactly the reason why the race car was able to continue on for so long. Not having the axle located under the jeep did make it feel like driving on ice though ;)

image-4214924666.jpg

The factory sway bar, heavy duty sway bar link with gusseted arms to the axle, along with EVO mfg's 4 link control arm set up (EVO Monster Links) is exactly the reason why the race car was able to continue on for so long. Not having the axle located under the jeep did make it feel like driving on ice though ;)

I take it you were able to make it through the whole race without a nap like you did at KOH?

I take it you were able to make it through the whole race without a nap like you did at KOH?

Oh we did all kinds of napping in the pit areas while waiting on EVO1 to arrive. Chase truck hwy mileage is much faster to cover then race course mileage! All kinds of free time

He survived on a steady diet of these. No sleep needed.

True story there ;). Squeezable Jelly, that there is a Nobel Prize worthy invention

Last edited:
Frozen pre-made pb&j's are pretty sweet too!

Congrats again on the race to the entire team. Come hell or high water, I need to figure out a way to come see you all run.

Frozen pre-made pb&j's are pretty sweet too!

Congrats again on the race to the entire team. Come hell or high water, I need to figure out a way to come see you all run.

KOH2015. I'll have an open passenger seat, we both know MTG will be too 'busy' again to go. ;p

KOH2015. I'll have an open passenger seat, we both know MTG will be too 'busy' again to go. ;p

Busy promoting "King of the Homers" you mean. Think it's going to be a break through year. :yup:

Good luck getting Sharkey to go, he hasn't taken a day off since 1983.

.........Come hell or high water, I need to figure out a way to come see you all run.

Busy promoting "King of the Homers" you mean. Think it's going to be a break through year. :yup:

Good luck getting Sharkey to go, he hasn't taken a day off since 1983.

Hey you two "shizer schnitzels"! You have no, nada, zero, zilch excuses to miss this one......that is unless your entire city is covered in high water sent from hell.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?19438-2014-ULTRA4-Nitto-Tire-National-Championship

View attachment 96208

I was thinking about this last night. Thanks for clearing up how the other EVO products came through and helped you make it through. Congrats to all!!!!!

I was thinking about KOH15 as well. We should get a group together and rent some rooms or even some campers in hammer town.

- Jason

I was thinking about KOH15 as well. We should get a group together and rent some rooms or even some campers in hammer town.

- Jason

The official KOH recommended RV rental company. Feel free to order one up! I'll bring cash. http://www.coronamotorhomerentals.com/vehicles/RV.html

I hoteled in Victorville Wed night last year, then camped Thursday night on the lake bed, then left to head home around 5PM and headed to Lone Pine to stay there for the night. I don't feel like submitting my Jeep to the theft experience when we stayed in Yucca Valley in '13.

This year I might stay Friday night too, idk, haven't gotten that close to completely figure out the plans yet.

Top Bottom