2014 Vegas to Reno Race Recap - EVO 1 Takes 1st Place!!

Hey Eddie, just a question:

why were they tightening the front diff bolts so often?

We had noticed a small drip at one of the first pit stops, and As Eddie mentioned, this simply became an area that was going to get a closer look at each stop to ensure we weren't going to have a catastrophic leak creating a DNF for the race. It must also be noted that the ProRock 60 front axle EVO1 runs is the same off the shelf EVO spec axle you get when you order one from Off Road Evolution. EVO1's front axle has seen more abuse than Dynatrac could or would ever ask for a customer to throw at their product. EVO1 is a mobile parts testing platform, conducting research in the worst possible conditions, in the worst possible environments.

Now ask me why me, Wayoflife and many others here on the forum outfit our rigs we EVO mfg parts ;)

Last edited:
We had noticed a small drip at one of the first pit stops, and As Eddie mentioned, this simply became an area that was going to get a closer look at each stop to ensure we weren't going to have a catastrophic leak creating a DNF for the race. It must also be noted that the ProRock 60 front axle EVO1 runs is the same off the shelf EVO spec axle you get when you order one from Off Road Evolution. EVO1's front axle has seen more abuse than Dynatrac could or would ever ask for a customer to throw at their product. EVO1 is a mobile parts testing platform, conducting research in the worst possible conditions, in the worst possible environments.

Now ask me why me, Wayoflife and many others here on the forum outfit our rigs we EVO mfg part ;)

Why do you, wayoflife and many others here on the forum outfit your rigs with EVO mfg parts?

Awesome pictures and congrats to EVO for the win.

What brand of track bar was it that broke? The curve on it makes me think it was the OEM track bar...

Why do you, wayoflife and many others here on the forum outfit your rigs with EVO mfg parts?

:cheesy:

What brand of track bar was it that broke? The curve on it makes me think it was the OEM track bar...

If you can believe it, that was the exact same factory track bar that EVO 1 has been running since forever now. Sure, it broke but, only after all these years and I don't know anyone who abuses their JK the way EVO 1 gets abused. Of course, factory replacements are pretty much dime a dozen or FREE thanks to the fact that most people feel the need to replace them with an aftermarket one. :yup:

OEM with over five years of JK Experiences, King of the Hammers, several other races and some light weekend wheeling on it ;)

Now ask me why me, Wayoflife and many others here on the forum outfit our rigs we EVO mfg parts ;)

Exactly why I'm going Dynatrac...

:cheesy:

If you can believe it, that was the exact same factory track bar that EVO 1 has been running since forever now. Sure, it broke but, only after all these years and I don't know anyone who abuses their JK the way EVO 1 gets abused. Of course, factory replacements are pretty much dime a dozen or FREE thanks to the fact that most people feel the need to replace them with an aftermarket one. :yup:

Pretty amazing! I thought I was seeing things wrong. I guess the kit EVO 1 is using moves the mounting point over to the center a bit to account for extra lift height.

Pretty amazing! I thought I was seeing things wrong. I guess the kit EVO 1 is using moves the mounting point over to the center a bit to account for extra lift height.

The EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket is what helps to re-center your axle AND, correct your steering geometry at the same time to help provide better handling. I run this kit and factory track bars and drag links on both my JK's too. :yup:

The EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket is what helps to re-center your axle AND, correct your steering geometry at the same time to help provide better handling. I run this kit and factory track bars and drag links on both my JK's too. :yup:
Most web wheelers do.

Congrats to Team Evo, thanks for the write up and amazing pictures. Makes me really question why I live on the East Coast.

Once again, felt like I was there! Great recap!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very cool pictures and awesome write up. Again nice work on the race. This is the first time I have noticed the sway bar links/setup on EVO1 ..... not sure how long it has been set up this way but looks very solid.

Top Bottom