Will a 3.5" AEV Lift fit 37" tires?

There's some good wheeling out in WY and honestly, I don't know if I'd really recommend someone spend money on a setup that wouldn't be as capable as a better 3" lift and 35's. Of course, the OP also expressed concerns about his warranty and I personally would consult with his dealership to see what they think before pulling the trigger. But of course, that's just me.

From my understanding, unless you live in CA, NJ, NY, etc...where you have 16 Jeep dealers inside of 4 miles, one needs to tread carefully (as you pointed out) when a dealer starts talkin BS warranty talk. I also agree that the 37s will cause far more damage than the lift itself, so I would never let the dealer see them. I'd throw stocks on before I rolled in there. I also agree that the WY region has awesome wheeling, and a 3.5" will probably be more useful out there, but if the dealer keeps giving him sh!t over that lift, and he has no other dealer within a 100 mile radius, he might be a bit screwed. Me thinks a 2.5 and flatties will let him fly under the radar with the dealer and still have a capable rig...although not as capable as one with a 3" plus...I guess we gotta make sacrifices.

While this is true of the rear, what would you recommend for the front? I find it funny that a kit that is touted as being "complete" would need anything extra to be done.

Oh, I was just commenting to his post where he said the gas tank tore his boot..I was just saying that it wasn't the gas tank but the EVAP box.

P.S. As an owner of an AEV 2.5" lift, I'll be the FIRST person to say that it is anything BUT complete.

From my understanding, unless you live in CA, NJ, NY, etc...where you have 16 Jeep dealers inside of 4 miles, one needs to tread carefully (as you pointed out) when a dealer starts talkin BS warranty talk. I also agree that the 37s will cause far more damage than the lift itself, so I would never let the dealer see them. I'd throw stocks on before I rolled in there. I also agree that the WY region has awesome wheeling, and a 3.5" will probably be more useful out there, but if the dealer keeps giving him sh!t over that lift, and he has no other dealer within a 100 mile radius, he might be a bit screwed. Me thinks a 2.5 and flatties will let him fly under the radar with the dealer and still have a capable rig...although not as capable as one with a 3" plus...I guess we gotta make sacrifices.

Agreed and really, that was my point. I personally have found that there haven't been too many trails I couldn't do with 35's and 3" of lift running full factory fenders or less with trimmed ones. I can also guarantee that 35's will put a lot less wear and tear on a JK and will fly a lot easier under a dealership radar than would 37's. Even if you could go to a different dealership, once you're flagged, you're flagged everywhere - ask me how I know. If warranty is a concern, it's always best to consult with your specific dealership as they ultimately will decide your fate.

Oh, I was just commenting to his post where he said the gas tank tore his boot..I was just saying that it wasn't the gas tank but the EVAP box.

P.S. As an owner of an AEV 2.5" lift, I'll be the FIRST person to say that it is anything BUT complete.

Got it :yup:

Another fun little fact since we are talking about warranties....

I just helped my wife win a consumer fraud case against a dealer in NJ. Long story short, be careful what you post online if you are concerned about warranties. If someone needs evidence against you, they will find it (just like I found the car in my wife's case running around on a racetrack with a rollcage, modified motor, etc etc.) Dealers and manufacturers do the same thing. The subaru expert that was testifying on our side even told us that when it comes to the business of flagging, claim denial, etc, they check the forums.

While this is true of the rear, what would you recommend for the front? I find it funny that a kit that is touted as being "complete" would need anything extra to be done.

Their instructions state that if you want to optimize the travel then you can install the additional supplied hardware. But they also recommend that you replace the front driveshaft if you do install it. Been running their kit for three years and the only upgrade I plan to do is get rid of the drop brackets and pick up a set currie adjustable.

Their instructions state that if you want to optimize the travel then you can install the additional supplied hardware. But they also recommend that you replace the front driveshaft if you do install it. Been running their kit for three years and the only upgrade I plan to do is get rid of the drop brackets and pick up a set currie adjustable.

It should be noted that the recommendation to replace the front drive shaft is relatively new and something that they only added after guys like me gave them grief for trying to say that it wasn't needed.

It should be noted that the recommendation to replace the front drive shaft is relatively new and something that they only added after guys like me gave them grief for trying to say that it wasn't needed.

It's not needed....until it fails....then it's needed. :D

I can just go by what's written in my instructions that's three years old. If you had anything to do with that then good on ya. :thumb:

It's not needed....until it fails....then it's needed. :D

Funny how that works. Of course, until it does fail, all the fanboys accuse me of having some kind of agenda because AEV has former Jeep engineers working for them and they have to make the best thing since sliced bread.

I can just go by what's written in my instructions that's three years old. If you had anything to do with that then good on ya. :thumb:

3 years old? That's it? Their drop brackets have been around a lot longer than that and before them, they used to sell their kits with cam bolts. Oh yeah, I gave them grief about them too. Of course, they're AEV and me, what do I know.

Funny how that works. Of course, until it does fail, all the fanboys accuse me of having some kind of agenda because AEV has former Jeep engineers working for them and they have to make the best thing since sliced bread.

3 years old? That's it? Their drop brackets have been around a lot longer than that and before them, they used to sell their kits with cam bolts. Oh yeah, I gave them grief about them too. Of course, they're AEV and me, what do I know.

It's funny, all the stuff made and engineered by AEV I actually think are fantastic products (as do you) like their bumpers, gas carrier, etc. From what I understand, the lifts are not actually engineered by AEV and they just acquired the company that built em. My 2.5" box has Nth degree slapped all over it.

It's funny, all the stuff made and engineered by AEV I actually think are fantastic products (as do you) like their bumpers, gas carrier, etc. From what I understand, the lifts are not actually engineered by AEV and they just acquired the company that built em. My 2.5" box has Nth degree slapped all over it.

Yup, love most of the AEV made and yup, Nth Degree Mobility who used to be in Sparks, NV designed all their suspension stuff before going out of business. AEV simply acquired them after the fact.

Eddie you know I respect your opinion, you have a lot of experience with the JK's. I know what works for me and I knew going with AEV that I would need things. Still very happy with the ride, as stated before the only thing I look to change is the drop brackets.

Eddie you know I respect your opinion, you have a lot of experience with the JK's. I know what works for me and I knew going with AEV that I would need things. Still very happy with the ride, as stated before the only thing I look to change is the drop brackets.

Like I always say, ride comfort is 100% subjective. If you've driven other JK's with a similar setup made by other manufacturers and are still very happy with what you have, more power to you. In the end, that's all that should matter. For as much as the AEV kit sells for, nothing would be worse than to be unsatisfied with it.

Top Bottom