What the hell is this?

Jackboeker83

I’ve had my 23 JLURD for about 2 weeks and was about to mess around with the Tazer but when I looked under the drivers footwell it found what’s in the picture below (sorry for the quality, it’s night and the light is messing with the camera). The OBD port wasn’t plugged in all the way and it had that connector attached to it with a bunch of wires and fuses. Thought maybe something to do with aux switches but I saw a light blinking behind the trim panel and pulled out this black box. It looks like it’s a tracker of some sort. Has anyone dealt with this before?
DEB3A360-04F8-4B47-A1B4-2F3BA04748D5.jpegEB3ACE00-39E8-4AA1-9A68-9D978A3ED7BE.jpeg76C9F45B-AE2F-40F2-A77A-E4FE20A2A122.jpeg

Tracking device some dealerships install. Either trying for an upsell on a security device OR if they figure a vehicle is probably going to be a lease.

Remove it if you want.

Take it back to the dealer and tell them the warranty is void because of what they installed, and get a new one………that’s what the service dept would say……

In all seriousness, it probably a gps tracker they were going to up sell you. Just remove it or take it to the dealer and tell them to.

Then find out who’s great idea it was and slap the bitch.

Check your window sticker it may be a dealer installed item you paid for. Here in Vegas I noticed a lot of Chrysler products came with an anti theft system since they are apparently so easy to steal.

When I bought my Jeep, it actually did have the same sort of thing. They wanted to upcharge the hell out of me so I said remove it, but they said it couldn't be removed. Anyway after calling bullshit I got them to drop the charge for it completely - and should note I bought my Jeep used, and not from Jeep, but a dealer. Safe to assume you did the same?

When I bought my Jeep, it actually did have the same sort of thing. They wanted to upcharge the hell out of me so I said remove it, but they said it couldn't be removed. Anyway after calling bullshit I got them to drop the charge for it completely - and should note I bought my Jeep used, and not from Jeep, but a dealer. Safe to assume you did the same?
I ordered mine back in June and it finally came in two weeks ago. Checked the paperwork and they didn’t put anything extra on my paperwork. I wrote the dealership to ask what it was for but they haven’t written back. Either way I took it off and went on with my life. It hasn’t blown up yet so only time will tell.

I ordered mine back in June and it finally came in two weeks ago. Checked the paperwork and they didn’t put anything extra on my paperwork. I wrote the dealership to ask what it was for but they haven’t written back. Either way I took it off and went on with my life. It hasn’t blown up yet so only time will tell.
Weird. What WJCO said.

Tap a credit card on it and see if it beeps...and then run inside and cancel all your cards if it does.

Seriously though, I read that alot of dealerships install these to track down vehicles that have been stolen off the lot (and/ or people that have skipped out on lease/sale payments). You should be able to unplug it and throw it in the trash, let them track that garbage truck all they want.

hmmm... do you have an early raid warning alarm (dog)?

take it somewhere off the grid, take a sledge hammer to it, shoot it, bury it.

Top Bottom