Wear on inside Tread only?

Discount Tire (same place that lost 5 Mopar lug nuts and provided me with 5 corroded random used ones as replacement) explained to me that anything beyond the minimum was "too complicated" even though I wanted the 5-way criss-cross rotation documented on the Discount Tire web site, and in Jeep's tire manual. But the Jeep dealership had no problems with doing it.

Front to back is much less complex and does not require any thinking.
Must be some real idiots working at that Discount Tire, my local Discount Tire has no problem doing a five tire Cross rotation.
Are you sure it's a real Discount Tire and not Dis-count Tired

Must be some real idiots working at that Discount Tire, my local Discount Tire has no problem doing a five tire Cross rotation.
Are you sure it's a real Discount Tire and not Dis-count Tired
Perhaps my bad luck with encountering a bad employee. The person who enters your order becomes the "manager" for it, including leading the crew which swaps out the tires. His crew lost lug nuts and the backup camera cover. The real idiocy was with how he handled the problem. Pretty much everything he told me was stupid and hostile towards the customer. So I ordered new Mopar lug nuts ($20 per nut!???) and backup camera cover as I was soon to be using the Jeep for a trip.

Perhaps my bad luck with encountering a bad employee. The person who enters your order becomes the "manager" for it, including leading the crew which swaps out the tires. His crew lost lug nuts and the backup camera cover. The real idiocy was with how he handled the problem. Pretty much everything he told me was stupid and hostile towards the customer. So I ordered new Mopar lug nuts ($20 per nut!???) and backup camera cover as I was soon to be using the Jeep for a trip.
when Discount Tire lost a wheel center cap my Toyota, they ordered a replacement and called me within the week when it arrived.
I'm surprised they didn't offer to replace all the lugnuts with the splined version they use.

when Discount Tire lost a wheel center cap my Toyota, they ordered a replacement and called me within the week when it arrived.
I'm surprised they didn't offer to replace all the lugnuts with the splined version they use.
I probably would not have accepted splined lug nuts.

He said that Mopar lug nuts are very low quality.

True for most OEM lug nuts.
At least the MOPAR ones don't swell up.
Ford lug nuts swell up if over torqued (air impact).
They seem to work fine for me. They don't require a special socket like the splined lug nuts do.

Are you able to recommend higher quality lug nuts which work with standard sockets, and are attractive?

Bob

Top Bottom