Watcha cookin'?

I stocked some Chicken legs after this photo . Recipe for the reduction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple version...after searing the legs on the stove, put in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30-45 mins, depending on how large the legs are...remove from oven and plate...heat pan on med heat and put a cup of Madeira wine in...reduce until syrupy, remove from heat and swirl a pat of butter in.

Long Version (works for chicken,lamb or tenderloins, depending on stock)

In small saucepan, throw in a couple sprigs of thyme and finely chopped shallots (about half a med sized one) and a cup of Madeira wine...reduce by half. Add 1 cup of stock (for lamb or beef, I use 1 Tbsp veal demiglace dissolved in 1 cup hot water) , then reduce by half again. When your cooked protein is plated, strain sauce into pan and further reduce until thicker while scraping up all the browned bits in the pan.

Biggest mistake when making a reduction is not being patient enough to wait for it to reduce enough...

Simple version...after searing the legs on the stove, put in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30-45 mins, depending on how large the legs are...remove from oven and plate...heat pan on med heat and put a cup of Madeira wine in...reduce until syrupy, remove from heat and swirl a pat of butter in.

In small saucepan, throw in a couple sprigs of thyme and finely chopped shallots (about half a med sized one) and a cup of Madeira wine...reduce by half. Add 1 cup of stock (for lamb or beef, I use 1 Tbsp veal demiglace dissolved in 1 cup hot water) , then reduce by half again. When your cooked protein is plated, strain sauce into pan and further reduce until thicker while scraping up all the browned bits in the pan.

Biggest mistake when making a reduction is not being patient enough to wait for it to reduce enough...

Sweet thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last night... beef knockwurst, fingerling potatoes, carrots, Spanish onion, mushrooms, pimentos. Served with buttered coconut milk biscuits.

20200322_160424_copy_1024x768.jpg

You had me at knockwurst...

No pizza?

Lol. It's been so long since I've had knockwurst. I ended up buying it last week when virtually every other protein was sold out. We have been known to make pizza two or three times a week, however there's no flour to be had in my area... including my pantry.

IMG_6397.jpg
IMG_6398.jpg

Went a slightly different route . Still deglazed with the red wine but did Dutch oven chicken legs with carrots and Yukon potatoes

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spaghetti on the Traeger. Trying it out [emoji51][emoji482] 344015[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_3157.jpg
    IMG_3157.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Adjustments.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Top Bottom