Up Next.......

OH NO! Did you cut your battery?
I made a small slice in the bottom of mine but did not cut all the way through. I was surgically removing bits of that honey cone mess where the bracket goes. Using a die grinder with a cut off wheel in it. Something looked and sounded funny. Plastic looked shinier and felt kind of slicker.
Good thing is my wife keeps asking me when I am going to get a new battery. We have both read posts about these batteries going belly up after 2-3 years.
Good God have batteries gotten expensive. Got my eye on that newer Odyssey.

Someone really should put out the warning/ word that you need to remove the battery before starting this project.

Nope. When I realized I needed to go deeper, I pulled the battery out. I was close last time to a wire and so I have been very careful this go around.

I wish I would have known about removing it thats for sure, I was sanding/grinding away with no issues till off a sudden I was getting wet and it started to burn a little. Nothing like ruling a new brand new battery.

I defiantly learned from you, all be it the hard way. Thanks for posting so I didn't do it.

I've got all the stock stuff pulled off the rear. Brake lines pulled, and ready for brackets. Should wrap things up tomorrow. I am so excited to get this done. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447566024.042169.jpg
Hahahaha, looks pretty silly with just the fronts done...

Here you go Scott. I wish they were all mine. Just the middle Elk. The big bull on the Right is my Dads. The rest are my brothers. They just needed a place to hang em. That was over two years ago.....ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447603869.460746.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447603880.660638.jpg

Here you go Scott. I wish they were all mine. Just the middle Elk. The big bull on the Right is my Dads. The rest are my brothers. They just needed a place to hang em. That was over two years ago.....View attachment 173749View attachment 173750

Awesome, that's 4 more elk thank are on my walls, haha. JK is looking great bud, awesome job getting those wrenches moving, still waiting on the price for the grab/mystery Nordstrom bag and while your at it, please add a price for the tax documents/boxes at the top of the stairs. :cheesy: Only 7 weeks until Winter on the Rocks, lets get a move on it son...!

Awesome, that's 4 more elk thank are on my walls, haha. JK is looking great bud, awesome job getting those wrenches moving, still waiting on the price for the grab/mystery Nordstrom bag and while your at it, please add a price for the tax documents/boxes at the top of the stairs. :cheesy: Only 7 weeks until Winter on the Rocks, lets get a move on it son...!

Try not to run anyone over there like last time you were there. [emoji15]

Try not to run anyone over there like last time you were there. [emoji15]

To be fair, I had a Sasquatch (Bigfoot is still technically close enough right ???) permit, and let's be honest, your feet didn't move fast enough after that DQ stop and I still needed to hold off on filling my permit limit as I needed someone to fix my brakes.....:cheesy:.

Yes sir, I'll try not to run over anyone, I may pass on the Smurfette night run signup in January, haha. Lets plan to meet in a Vegas sports books/lounge for the next meet up!

To be fair, I had a Sasquatch (Bigfoot is still technically close enough right ???) permit, and let's be honest, your feet didn't move fast enough after that DQ stop and I still needed to hold off on filling my permit limit as I needed someone to fix my brakes.....:cheesy:.

Yes sir, I'll try not to run over anyone, I may pass on the Smurfette night run signup in January, haha. Lets plan to meet in a Vegas sports books/lounge for the next meet up!

Haha it was only my knee. I have two.

And I might never do a night run at sand hollow again. That place is too hard to find anything.

Haha it was only my knee. I have two.

And I might never do a night run at sand hollow again. That place is too hard to find anything.

Only things confirmed at Sand Hollow: #sandstorm2014 #toyotacamp2015 #hurdrigidlightsforgottorunoffandblindedCrhisKristenthelastpartofrun2015 #overlanderhas2knees #masonstilldoesntrememberoverlanderpullinglineandaddygettingtousethewinchfinally ...

Last edited:
Only things confirmed at Sand Hollow: #sandstorm2014 #toyotacamp2015 #hurdrigidlightsforgottorunoffandblindedCrhisKristenthelastpartofrun2015 #overlanderhas2knees #masonstilldoesntrememberoverlanderpullinglineandaddygettingtousethewinchfinally ...

Don't forget the M not falling asleep hashtag.

Don't forget the M not falling asleep hashtag.

True story sir, you were there to witness and no way I could post pics of that for once, haha. Thanks again for the great time and all the help sir, loved every minute of it.

Still pissed you all didn't call once you were camping on the side of the road at Primm, we would have done the right thing and brought In - and - Out, Vegas dancers, etc... instead of that Carl's JR that Russell ordered...haha.

Steve, your thread is bordering on an MTG Knuckles side track, haha.

True story sir, you were there to witness and no way I could post pics of that for once, haha. Thanks again for the great time and all the help sir, loved every minute of it.

Still pissed you all didn't call once you were camping on the side of the road at Primm, we would have done the right thing and brought In - and - Out, Vegas dancers, etc... instead of that Carl's JR that Russell ordered...haha.

Steve, your thread is bordering on an MTG Knuckles side track, haha.

(Added to #3 speed dial behind AAA and Russ)

(Added to #3 speed dial behind AAA and Russ)

#3....??? WTF, how do I rate ... Do I have to say In and Out (I know you are in Cali and it's dime a dozen but still), Vegas dancers (lets be honest and I mean to insert Spearmint Rhino "staff" here) and I'll bring you a new hat...

HAHA. have a great rest of the night sir, I have to go read my winch manual so I don't run over you again...

At a kid, now I can go to bed knowing you got this little weekend project done sir, way to beat the deadline.

Looks great Steve, congrats and job well done!

Top Bottom