Trainwreck's Build

Looks like it was a blast. Mike does a great job of leading the trails. Sucks your jeep was giving you a hard time though. I am hoping to make a trip out there in April or May. That park it awesome.

I’m not a big fan of the ESP kill switch, but that’s the exact reason I wired one in. Even this past summer after a number of water crossings, my wheel sensors flipped out. I had wired the switch in last year. Killed that part of the system and wheeled the rest of the day with it off. I’ve used it in the dunes and deep snow when esp kept getting in the way. It’s a good back up plan for wet conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I might have to look into that, might not be a bad idea. It definitely made steering interesting.

Looks like it was a blast. Mike does a great job of leading the trails. Sucks your jeep was giving you a hard time though. I am hoping to make a trip out there in April or May. That park it awesome.

It was a good time, Mike did an awesome job leading. I’m looking forward to the next trip out there. Let me know when your planning on going, I’m in.

Went out to Flat Nasty this weekend and ran into wheel speed sensor issues again... I forgot to bring spares and it ended up being a short day... not sure what’s going on and why I keep chewing them up, I set the last one out further, and now this time even further so I’m hoping that solves the problem. I WILL be carrying multiple spares from now on, kind of feel like an idiot I didn’t learn from the last time.

Here is the bad sensor
IMG_8476.jpg

All good now
IMG_8475.jpg

It really sucks when these things go out...

Yeah it does suck. Just as a backup, it might be worth wiring in the ESP kill switch if it keeps happening. It will take the Jeep back to the 1980s technology, but at least you can carry on.

Yeah it does suck. Just as a backup, it might be worth wiring in the ESP kill switch if it keeps happening. It will take the Jeep back to the 1980s technology, but at least you can carry on.

How hard is it to do? I’m seriously considering it. The sensors are not difficult to replace, but it takes a little time and days like yesterday when it was raining all day it would have sucked.

How hard is it to do? I’m seriously considering it. The sensors are not difficult to replace, but it takes a little time and days like yesterday when it was raining all day it would have sucked.

No it’s really simple. The hardest part is getting the center console out. Splice in a wire and locate a switch. I did it for same reason. Kept having wheel sensor issues and was fed up with it. There are also great benefits in the snow and sand in 4 high.

No it’s really simple. The hardest part is getting the center console out. Splice in a wire and locate a switch. I did it for same reason. Kept having wheel sensor issues and was fed up with it. There are also great benefits in the snow and sand in 4 high.

Cool, I’ll probably message you for more info this summer. It sounds like a worth while project.

Went out to Flat Nasty this weekend and ran into wheel speed sensor issues again... I forgot to bring spares and it ended up being a short day... not sure what’s going on and why I keep chewing them up, I set the last one out further, and now this time even further so I’m hoping that solves the problem. I WILL be carrying multiple spares from now on, kind of feel like an idiot I didn’t learn from the last time.

Here is the bad sensor
View attachment 324146

All good now
View attachment 324147

It really sucks when these things go out...

I can’t believe you’re still having issues with this. I figured it was just a one time thing.

Top Bottom