Tightening the sway bar disconnect stud.

NorthCountry

Greetings, I recently purchased a used 2023 Gladiator Sport. I was hearing a noise from the front end and crawled underneath to look around. I had my buddy rock the jeep and found that the noise was coming from the lower sway bar disconnect stud. I disconnected the link and put a punch into the spring clip hole in order to crank a wrench on the locking nut. Punch snapped right off. Is there a trick to holding the stud while tightening the nut. I don't want to damage the surface with vise grips or anything like that.
Another quick question. Its obvious they installed a lift kit, but I'm not sure what size. I did see that the front coil springs are stickered 340. Any ideas?
Thank you and safe travels.

Greetings, I recently purchased a used 2023 Gladiator Sport. I was hearing a noise from the front end and crawled underneath to look around. I had my buddy rock the jeep and found that the noise was coming from the lower sway bar disconnect stud. I disconnected the link and put a punch into the spring clip hole in order to crank a wrench on the locking nut. Punch snapped right off. Is there a trick to holding the stud while tightening the nut. I don't want to damage the surface with vise grips or anything like that.
Another quick question. Its obvious they installed a lift kit, but I'm not sure what size. I did see that the front coil springs are stickered 340. Any ideas?
Thank you and safe travels.
That's all I've done, stick a thin screwdriver into the quick release pin's hole while tightening. As far as the spring, I could be wrong but believe that's a stock Gladiator Rubicon's spring - which make the Jeep sit 1.5" higher than a Sport.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I just took a look and there are 340 coils on both sides, driver and passenger. Is that a problem?
It also has silver shocks with no identification stickers. I learn something new everyday.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I just took a look and there are 340 coils on both sides, driver and passenger. Is that a problem?
It also has silver shocks with no identification stickers. I learn something new everyday.
Thanks again.
If it does indeed have Rubicon suspension swapped in, I believe the passenger side should be a 343. Slightly taller to compensate for weight of the fuel tank.

Upvote 0
Both coils are definitely 340's. Just for the hell of it I measured the edge of each front fender in line with the axle and both sides measured exactly 37 inches from the ground, and I just filled the tank this morning. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I continue to shake my head at this Sport. The previous owner put some time and money into equipping this jeep with a lot of off road components. Its like he threw the catalog at it..lol then let it go with 2300 miles on it. Lucky me for sure. Thanks again and safe travels

Attachments

• IMG_5427.JPG
    IMG_5427.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
Top Bottom