Third row seat

The seat tumbles forward and there is access to the cubby. There is enough room behind the seat for my winch/recovery bag. I'll try to take a picture of it later.

The seat comes in and out easily like it comes in and out of the 2 dr JK. I run it out a lot and out it in when I need it.

One consideration is you need to take out the subwoofer if you have one and replace it with a delete panel you get from the dealer.

Pics of it in the jeep
View attachment 204847
Folds up if you need room and don't need the seat

View attachment 204848
Pic of subwoofer delete

View attachment 204849

Awesome, thanks for the info! Looks great!

how bout back seat from a TJ? has anyone tried that? i see that i can find those all day for pretty cheap.

I currently have this one listed for CJ/YJ's in my JKU...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001892TQK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits fine but the rear feet that are intended to sit on a flat tub sits right over the JKU storage area. I have a piece of 1/4"x6" steel wedged over the storage to ensure a firm surface. There are some pics of my setup in my build thread. (Post #10 is the start of the 3rd row discussion and pics.) http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=26097

I do have the Teraflex 3rd row brackets and a JK seat sitting in my garage. I'm still waiting on the JK seatbelts before I change it out though. I would've gone this route sooner, but took awhile to find a JK rear seat for the right price nearby.

I currently have this one listed for CJ/YJ's in my JKU...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001892TQK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits fine but the rear feet that are intended to sit on a flat tub sits right over the JKU storage area. I have a piece of 1/4"x6" steel wedged over the storage to ensure a firm surface. There are some pics of my setup in my build thread. (Post #10 is the start of the 3rd row discussion and pics.) http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=26097

I do have the Teraflex 3rd row brackets and a JK seat sitting in my garage. I'm still waiting on the JK seatbelts before I change it out though. I would've gone this route sooner, but took awhile to find a JK rear seat for the right price nearby.

Thanks for the info. Looks like it fits pretty well, but maybe I would be smarter to hold out to find a jk seat.

We added a third row on my buddies escalade. We bolted unisrtut through the floorboard to the frame so he could adjust the seat forward or backwards for more cargo space or taller people. It came out nice and the seat was from a local junkyard

Pretty great fit, and teh Tera setup lets you having the seat forward or rear facing. Good point form Bryan on the speaker box, on my Rubi I just removed it, need to see if I can find a spot to relocate it. The seat also folds flat in case you need to carry any cargo on top of it. I added neoprene smittybilt covers in the whole Jeep.

The Rockhard setup is freaking awesome, I shot it with hammered black paint and did the install without removing the hardtop, took about 30 minutes to install the cage, and a few hours to do the Tera bracket install.

Yeah, if you aren't in a hurry, that's what I would do.

So, question about the TF brackets. Do they have any sort of bracing under the Jeep, or is it just brackets that bolt to the floor? I am considering switching over to the 2 door seat/TF bracket setup. I know part of the reason the LPS jump seat I have now meets the national highway safety standards is because of the bracing that goes underneath the Jeep that the base mounts to. I'm curious if the TF brackets mount the same way. Thanks.

So, question about the TF brackets. Do they have any sort of bracing under the Jeep, or is it just brackets that bolt to the floor? I am considering switching over to the 2 door seat/TF bracket setup. I know part of the reason the LPS jump seat I have now meets the national highway safety standards is because of the bracing that goes underneath the Jeep that the base mounts to. I'm curious if the TF brackets mount the same way. Thanks.

TF held in by nutserts. I put large washers and nuts on mine. But a metal strip would be nice.
There is a TF YouTube video on how to install it according to their directions

I haven't even taken them out of the box yet. I do plan on making sure the mounting is secure even if that means some mods.

I will post up some pics another guy did using a tj seat similar to a yj. Came out great, actually he made it possible to seat 3 kids in the backseat adding shoulder harnesses.

Pic from the weekend, shows the 3 row JK 2 door seat installed. I used washers and nuts under the tub for the Tera brackets. I believe are stronger than the nutserts as well.

attachment.php

I still gotta hook up the over the shoulder rear belts :)

Pic from the weekend, shows the 3 row JK 2 door seat installed. I used washers and nuts under the tub for the Tera brackets. I believe are stronger than the nutserts as well.

attachment.php

I still gotta hook up the over the shoulder rear belts :)

That's awesome. Good job.

Thanks guys! Installed the rear bottom seat belt rollers from a 2 door JK last night. Was actually pretty simple, I drilled through the stock rear seat mount tubes that the OEM bolts to on the cage, and replace the stock 4 door jk bolt with a longer 7/16 grade 8 bolt all the way across. Now both 2nd and 3rd row seat belt mount rollers mount to the same but stronger bolt and 8 grade nut.

I still need to mount the upper mount where the seat belt slider will go through, and am leaning towards welding a nut or grade 8 bolt on the rockhard cage 9hope it doe snot void my warranty lol, JK), so it can accommodate both kids and adults.

Ok so I'm going to pull the tried and true

:THREAD REVIVAL:!!

so I just picked up a 2017 rear JK seat(still had the anti scratch plastic on the handle and seat belt latches) and want to do the Tera bracket, with the RH third row cage and C pillar braces. My question is does anyone else have pictures of how they mounted the Tera bracket underneath (I'm not a fan of nut certs holding my children safe) I was thinking of pulling the muffler and welding on a piece of plate steel. Essentially reinforcing the tub under the brackets. Also pictures of thier shoulder belt set ups... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom