Third brake light placement

I've added some features to my third brake light. Amazon search the words "Motorcycle LED Strip" http://a.co/3sTZyIi
This LED strip has running lights, brake lights and turn signals all in one strip.

IMG_20161229_152010725.jpg

My brake light and rear lights are on an extending platform to get the light high up when on the trail, yet also store low for parking garages.

View attachment 244026IMG_20160508_174229528_HDR.jpg

The only bad thing is if your LED strip uses amber lights, you need a (2-3) trailer converter to separate the turn signal from the brake signal.

Last edited:
Sounds cool post up a picture, I am just curious. :thumb:

Hey, didn't want you to think that I had forgotten about this. Here's some pics.

IMG_0863.jpg
IMG_0865.jpg
IMG_0864.jpg

Angle piece is aluminum and the mounting hardware is stainless (and whatever the stock screws are). I do need to ziptie the wire loom to the vertical post just for some wire management and to satisfy my OCD.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey, didn't want you to think that I had forgotten about this. Here's some pics.

View attachment 245112
View attachment 245113
View attachment 245114

Angle piece is aluminum and the mounting hardware is stainless (and whatever the stock screws are). I do need to ziptie the wire loom to the vertical post just for some wire management and to satisfy my OCD.

No worries man. Looks good! Definitely nicer looking than mine but I just hack sawed and drilled. Haha! Thanks for posted up the pictures.:drinks:

Where did you get the light strip you mounted to the hard top? That looks really good!

Thanks. I have only seen one other phot on the internet, so I took inspiration and forged ahead.

I bought the LEDs from Amazon for $20. A pair of TecNiq Red 15" Waterproof 11 LED. So I have an extra one somewhere. It is flush mount with a one inch "bib". I attached using double sided 3m tape, careful to go around the bib, along the bottom and two screws. Only wired two of the three leads as it is designed for low light and bright lights. There is a YouTube video that helps explain the wiring.

I don't have any pics of how I installed it, but I could take some 'after' photos and draft a "how to" if needed.

Hey, I know this is an older thread, but Rugged Ridge makes a plug & play LED "accessory" brake light that I used in conjunction with my Smittybilt oversized tire carrier. I had to bore a hole through the center of the plastic mounting disc, but other than that, very simple installation & a pretty wild looking product. IMG_20170522_161707.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey, I know this is an older thread, but Rugged Ridge makes a plug & play LED "accessory" brake light that I used in conjunction with my Smittybilt oversized tire carrier. I had to bore a hole through the center of the plastic mounting disc, but other than that, very simple installation & a pretty wild looking product. View attachment 267750

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
That does look cool

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom