The Rebuilding of Smokin's 2014 JKUR Build

Shit I would have gave you mine. I could have sold mine for a couple hundred bucks over the last year but that's bad karma lol.

Shit I would have gave you mine. I could have sold mine for a couple hundred bucks over the last year but that's bad karma lol.

Lol. I have a very good relationship with a local dealer and was given this intake and other parts when I stopped by the other day for odds and ends.

Y'all have me wondering whether I should just be cutting up the bottom side of the factory box and making fiberglass patches to keep "factory like " functionality

Last edited:
Lol. I have a very good relationship with a local dealer and was given this intake and other parts when I stopped by the other day for odds and ends.

Y'all have me wondering whether I should just be cutting up the bottom side of the factory box and making fiberglass patches to keep "factory like " functionality

Funny, think the dealer installed TTFHELL's and couldn't give a rats ass about its failure.

But to each their own.

Awesome build man! Quick question- are the PSC flares on your rig the standard or narrow width? They look great!

Just for looks or for rubbing?

They don't rub at all. Essentially they are kind of "pointless" since extra axle width coupled with the wheel offset makes the tires stick out far beyond the edge of the fenders. Narrower would have looked better got less in the way on the trail and been functionally equal.

Havent really done much to the Jeep lately. Spent some time cleaning it up and taking care of the EVO bling. A Mothers Powercone and some polish goes a long way in a few min.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427576610.156689.jpg

When I got the 50" Rigid E2 light bar, I loved the way it looked but always knew that it wasn't the most practical accessory. I found that a few drawbacks were wind noise and flapping of the factory twill soft top. When I changed to the twill trektop NX the flapping stopped but the wind noise above 65 mph was still LOUD and annoying. I started to wonder if the lower profile Rigid SR2 50" light bar would reduce noise and turbulence. The answer is YES. After kicking the tires on a single-row light bar for months, i bit the bullet and ordered one from Northridge 4x4 on Monday. Light bar showed up today and I removed the E2 and installed the SR2. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The noise above 60 mph is CLOSE to the wind noise with no light bar at all. You can also tell that there is far less turbulence because the fabric on the soft top no longer moves (never flapped but it did move up and down when above 70mph). Kinda like the sleek look of the bar too. For those who want a light bar but don't want to noise. This is the way to go.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431665972.450923.jpg

Last edited:
When I got the 50" Rigid E2 light bar, I loved the way it looked but always knew that it wasn't the most practical accessory. I found that a few drawbacks were wind noise and flapping of the factory twill soft top. When I changed to the twill trektop NX the flapping stopped but the wind noise above 65 mph was still LOUD and annoying. I started to wonder if the lower profile Rigid SR2 50" light bar would reduce noise and turbulence. The answer is YES. After kicking the tires on a single-row light bar for months, i bit the bullet and ordered one from Northridge 4x4 on Monday. Light bar showed up today and I removed the E2 and installed the SR2. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The noise above 60 mph is CLOSE to the wind noise with no light bar at all. You can also tell that there is far less turbulence because the fabric on the soft top no longer moves (never flapped but it did move up and down when above 70mph). Kinda like the sleek look of the bar too. For those who want a light bar but don't want to noise. This is the way to go.

View attachment 143151

Looks awesome! Good job. So you just extended the wiring? And also what are your plans for the rigid take off??? 😎

SR2 looks 100 times better. Just blends in better. I am curious about the light output difference in the two if it was worth the swap in that regard.

SR2 looks 100 times better. Just blends in better. I am curious about the light output difference in the two if it was worth the swap in that regard.

Thanks. There actually isn't as big of a difference in light output considering it has half as many LED's. This one does 21,000 lumens and the E2 does 24,840 lumens.

Looks awesome! Good job. So you just extended the wiring? And also what are your plans for the rigid take off??? 😎

Thanks! The E2 was sold to another member on the site. It's boxed up and will ship out today.

Thanks. There actually isn't as big of a difference in light output considering it has half as many LED's. This one does 21,000 lumens and the E2 does 24,840 lumens.

Thanks! The E2 was sold to another member on the site. It's boxed up and will ship out today.

Ah ok lucky for them

Had a few minutes to make some updates to the interior tonight. I never liked the "since 1941" on the grab bar. I know it's jeep history but it's just "cheesy" looking to me. I ordered a replacement for the grab bar from Carolina Metal Masters. I asked for them to make a "one off" without any machined "highlights" so that the bar was all anodized black. They sent me a solid black anodized piece of billet aluminum. Install took all of 5 min with a 8mm wrench.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432782486.613708.jpg

After installing that piece, I decided that the silver door accents and vent accents had to go. Considered buying some OEM altitude gloss black pieces off of eBay but couldn't stomach the $150 price tag for what I could accomplish with a rattle can. Decided to do satin black in epoxy paint to match the sport cage. All the pieces came off in under 15 minutes. Hit it with some automotive primer and then the epoxy paint. I'm pretty happy with the new interior look.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432782679.850049.jpg

That grab bar is hard to see in the pic but still looks good.

Thanks. It's a pretty nice piece. Carolina Metal Masters always has made great parts. Have their rear grab handles and used to have their front grab handles before he sport cage.

Looks great! I did basically the same thing on my black jk and loved it.

Appreciate it. Was such an easy project that I wish I had done it earlier.

Top Bottom