The Future Is NOW! My jeep build

futurejkowner

After writing this long and drawn out first entry for my jeep build it I was logged out with out warning and it erased all of my content. Super bummed about it but oh well I'll have to start all over. After getting a TJ I figured it would be years before getting a JK and then the jeep gods shined down on me and I got a great deal on an 09 Jk.
Old TJ
futurejkowner 002.jpg
My newly used 09 JK
futurejkowner 108.jpg

Now after getting it I figured just get some five spokes and you will just have to roll with that for a long time until the money starts rolling in. Oh how fast that changed.
Five spokes on no more stealies
futurejkowner 111.jpg

I started gathering parts and the cards fell in the right placeat the right time in order to purchase things way faster than expected.
I bought my wheels one and two at a time until all five were bought. The 37's i just got up enough nerve to buy all at once to get
a better deal.
futurejkowner 306.jpg
futurejkowner 307.jpg
futurejkowner 309.jpg

I wanted a descent lift kit until I could afford an EVO longarm and bolt-on coilover kit so I found a deal and went with it.
Parts started rolling in
futurejkowner 410.jpg
futurejkowner 413.jpg

So my wife wanted to go to Vegas to see her aunt at the start of 2015 so i decided what better time to take a few more days off and do the reinforcing, ball joints, lift, and tire carrier at once.
Before lift
futurejkowner 429.jpg
A couple measurements
futurejkowner 432.jpg
futurejkowner 433.jpg
Parts bundle
futurejkowner 436.jpg

So the ball joints put up a fight but I won in the end.
I bent the crap out of a harbor freight press so had to
go meet the Snap-On Dealer for the stronger Made In
The USA press.
before I bent the cheapo press
futurejkowner 451.jpg
futurejkowner 452.jpg

I have to admit that I liked the steal fenders for the longest time but after cutting my JK fenders
I absolutely love the cut look and I am all about the lighter the better and steel ain't light.
futurejkowner 469.jpg
futurejkowner 471.jpg
futurejkowner 475.jpg
futurejkowner 477.jpg
futurejkowner 478.jpg

Those front swaybar links look stock. Did you replace them with longer ones too?

Yes that picture was taken before I jacked up and removed the stock rear stuff and pulled the rear ones off to stick on the front. I need to buy disconnects or buy Currie antirock sway bars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom