The build/re-build of Gruff

Finally got around to doing the deck for the rear seat recess and a few other things today. There are a lot of sweet aftermarket platforms but damn are they stupid expensive.
This one may not be as nice as those but it works out great. Love having the recovery shit, jack, D-rings, etc all under cover & out of the way. Also made a tether for the EVO carrier. This is the prototype and it works great. I'm gonna re-do the carrier this Winter so I'm going to make a cleaner version. Also finally installed the PRP harness. I know these aren't totally necessary but they really do hold you in place on steep obstacles and trails nicely. I rode in Dez's rig last year at Drummond and I decided then I wanted a set for occasional use.

View attachment 350821

View attachment 350822

View attachment 350823

View attachment 350824

View attachment 350825

View attachment 350826

View attachment 350827

View attachment 350828

That's looking good.

The deck is similar, but different than mine. I am going to carpet mine, but it won't be before the trip. I've just ran out of time.

Your tether idea is good, but for one thing.
Never saddle a dead horse.

[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol Dick!

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol....

That's looking good.

The deck is similar, but different than mine. I am going to carpet mine, but it won't be before the trip. I've just ran out of time.

Your tether idea is good, but for one thing.
Never saddle a dead horse.

Yeah, I'm gonna cover the deck with something eventually too, I just haven't figured out what yet. Maybe a rubber mat or something IDK.
I got the tether idea from the Rusty's Carrier I just threw on the JL.

So jealous of the harness and bar. I wish I had time to make that happen for the trip. Looks great Jerry.

Finally got around to doing the deck for the rear seat recess and a few other things today. There are a lot of sweet aftermarket platforms but damn are they stupid expensive.
This one may not be as nice as those but it works out great. Love having the recovery shit, jack, D-rings, etc all under cover & out of the way. Also made a tether for the EVO carrier. This is the prototype and it works great. I'm gonna re-do the carrier this Winter so I'm going to make a cleaner version. Also finally installed the PRP harness. I know these aren't totally necessary but they really do hold you in place on steep obstacles and trails nicely. I rode in Dez's rig last year at Drummond and I decided then I wanted a set for occasional use.

View attachment 350821

View attachment 350822

View attachment 350823

View attachment 350824

View attachment 350825

View attachment 350826

View attachment 350827

View attachment 350828

Deck looks good...

I know you got a bit spoiled out West but Bantam is trying to put on an event in October. Apparently it’s new land with the trails being set up with the help of Rausch Creek folks.

I know you got a bit spoiled out West but Bantam is trying to put on an event in October. Apparently it’s new land with the trails being set up with the help of Rausch Creek folks.

I saw that. Man I don't know. Last time I did Bantam we had to follow a clapped out CJ that hadn't been tuned up since 1972. I was gagging so bad I told my daughter to stop and wait until we couldn't see it anymore. If it's just a follow me through the woods IDK if I want to go. Are they going to have any kinds of obstacles on these trails?

I saw that. Man I don't know. Last time I did Bantam we had to follow a clapped out CJ that hadn't been tuned up since 1972. I was gagging so bad I told my daughter to stop and wait until we couldn't see it anymore. If it's just a follow me through the woods IDK if I want to go. Are they going to have any kinds of obstacles on these trails?

Obstacles for the average joe or obstacles for 40s, 60s, & COs...?

It’s really a crapshoot since it’s new land. Will be the 1st time this JK sees the trail so I’m just chasing participation trophies...

Any who, I signed up for Blacks in the A.M. Saturday and Blues at noon Sunday.

Top Bottom