The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Well the last piece of my exhaust came in today, been waiting on it for a while since the first time it got sent back to sender because they wouldn’t deliver to a PO Box. Turns out I ordered the wrong size hanger clamp [emoji849][emoji35] it’s probably for a 4-5 inch exhaust pipe

Adjustments.jpg

Was able to get up to Twin Lakes today with Desertrunner and another friend. It was starting to get super windy as we left, so it was perfect timing. I’ll let Desertrunner do the honor of posting some pictures up of his sweet new to him rig.
IMG_6147.jpgIMG_6156.jpgIMG_0648.jpgIMG_6194.jpgIMG_6203.jpgIMG_0708.jpgIMG_6213.jpg we also had quite a few down trees in our path up and back IMG_6340.jpg

Nice ride and cool finding the resting fawn. I’ve stumbled across a few like that while hiking, but we had one curled up next to our patio a few weeks ago. While my wife took pictures, she noticed Mama spying on her just a few yards away.

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

Nice ride and cool finding the resting fawn. I’ve stumbled across a few like that while hiking, but we had one curled up next to our patio a few weeks ago. While my wife took pictures, she noticed Mama spying on her just a few yards away.

View attachment 348846

View attachment 348847

I was surprised by how close to the trail the fawn was. That’s a great picture that you took! We looked for the mother but couldn’t see her anywhere.

Made a quick run over Rausch Creek with the guys. Awesome place to flex out the Jeep!

IMG_3588.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Your Jeep is looking great!!! Any issues with flexing? Or is it set perfectly? I finally got my rear axle sitting perfectly [emoji16]

Sorry about posting that on you thread, I must have bounced between yours and “where did you take your Jeep!”

Thank you! No issues flexing, but I definitely witnessed the difference between a coil spring verses a coilover when it comes to keeping all 4 on the rocks. The coilovers have at least 4-6” more droop than I did. I still haven’t gotten those rear arms loose, but I was able to grind down the rails to get the rear wheels to clear.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sorry about posting that on you thread, I must have bounced between yours and “where did you take your Jeep!”

Thank you! No issues flexing, but I definitely witnessed the difference between a coil spring verses a coilover when it comes to keeping all 4 on the rocks. The coilovers have at least 4-6” more droop than I did. I still haven’t gotten those rear arms loose, but I was able to grind down the rails to get the rear wheels to clear.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

No worries lol

Sounds like you’re trying to talk me into coilovers [emoji23] I’m glad you were able to get the rear wheels to clear [emoji106]

Let me get my COs on and it will seal the deal [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Well it might just work. The harder part will be talking my wife into it lol she really wants a TJ. I’m back and forth, I want the TJ and I also want more parts for the JK.

Finally got the Quiet Crawler exhaust installed!
I cut down a rubber isolator and wedged it on the hanger to keep it from shifting so it doesn’t vibrate against my evap skid
IMG_6355.jpg
IMG_6358.jpg
IMG_6359.jpg
I ended up having to shift the hanger bracket over to make it work and was only able to put one bolt in for the evap skid
Adjustments.jpg

Overall it was an easy install! Love the sound!

Finally got the Quiet Crawler exhaust installed!
I cut down a rubber isolator and wedged it on the hanger to keep it from shifting so it doesn’t vibrate against my evap skid
View attachment 349231
View attachment 349232
View attachment 349233
I ended up having to shift the hanger bracket over to make it work and was only able to put one bolt in for the evap skid
View attachment 349234

Overall it was an easy install! Love the sound!

You forgot to take the plastic off the muffler [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom