The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Make sure the coolant you add is OAT. Did you get Zerex at Napa? If so Dex-Cool is what you want.

Adjustments.JPG

Thank you Bubba!

Finally!!! I got some half doors!!! Too bad tomorrow’s weather isn’t the greatest, rain and thunderstorms in the forecast. This weekend we will definitely be out [emoji106]

IMG_5581.jpgIMG_5582.jpg

Looks great!

I just got fiends used ones, and I love them already.
My heavy ass full doors may never go back on.

Nice! You got bestop ones? How have they held up with rain? I’m kinda skeptical with them during a storm... just planning on swapping them when I know there will be a rainy day. I’m not worried about just a quick daily rain

Nice! You got bestop ones? How have they held up with rain? I’m kinda skeptical with them during a storm... just planning on swapping them when I know there will be a rainy day. I’m not worried about just a quick daily rain

I do. Though they have metal skins not fabric.

I've had them two whole days, so no experience with rain.

Based on the wind, they deal pretty good, but will probably leak some. I'm not to worried, but time will tell.

I do. Though they have metal skins not fabric.

I've had them two whole days, so no experience with rain.

Based on the wind, they deal pretty good, but will probably leak some. I'm not to worried, but time will tell.

I’m glad to hear that! I have some tweaking to do still, so hopefully they will do well! I also noticed I need some new door hinge bushings

I run them on the scrambler. They are great for summer, but they really don’t hold tight at speed in a storm. They are also a bit loud at road speed if you the uppers on, if you’re going for a long highway run, put the hard doors back on.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’m glad to hear that! I have some tweaking to do still, so hopefully they will do well! I also noticed I need some new door hinge bushings

I just did new liners in my hinges.

Don't wait too long like I did. I had to take the hinges off and drill out the old liners. They were sized in so no amount of hammering was getting them loose.
1/2" drill bit works perfect, if it comes to that.

Looks good.

Thanks!

I run them on the scrambler. They are great for summer, but they really don’t hold tight at speed in a storm. They are also a bit loud at road speed if you the uppers on, if you’re going for a long highway run, put the hard doors back on.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That’s good to know [emoji106] thanks for the insight.

I just did new liners in my hinges.

Don't wait too long like I did. I had to take the hinges off and drill out the old liners. They were sized in so no amount of hammering was getting them loose.
1/2" drill bit works perfect, if it comes to that.

I think I might have waited too long lol getting my hard doors off took quite a bit of muscle. It was a pain in the ass.

Man, those doors look great with the soft top! :thumb:

Thanks! Im glad they make these doors in twill to match my soft top.

Top Bottom