That 70's Thread

I miss the 80s. Fuck this current bullshit. Then again, we wouldn't have JKs or JTs.

Attended PSU starting in 1982 so believe me, I had entirely too much fun in the 80's as well. BUT, the 70's were a little more rough around the edges, more gritty, which is what made it so awesome 😎

Attended PSU starting in 1982 so believe me, I had entirely too much fun in the 80's as well. BUT, the 70's were a little more rough around the edges, more gritty, which is what made it so awesome [emoji41]

I may need to start up an 80’s thread cause let’s be honest the 80’s was way better than the 70’s...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Here’s the cover shot for the 80’s.

IMG_5262.JPG

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Holy crap I had an electronic quarterback I had forgotten about! I had a pong then whatever frogger and a couple other cartridges were, the game with the “joysticks”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Atari! Yeah those cheapass controllers where the button would wear out. Did you have the hockey game for it too? The one where the game always tripped you but you couldn't trip it. I used to get soooo pissed at that damn game

Atari! Yeah those cheapass controllers where the button would wear out. Did you have the hockey game for it too? The one where the game always tripped you but you couldn't trip it. I used to get soooo pissed at that damn game

I remember the frog game and one where a guy swung through the jungle. Honestly I spent my time outside on my dirt bike and not hardly ever inside

I remember Pearl and Coors had cans like that. I still have a bunch of my beer can collection somewhere up in the rafters. Hahaha, by dad got sick and tired of drinking all of the weird beers we brought home. And you couldn't get either one of those because they didn't distribute in the east. Someone would bring cases from Co and TX and they'd go like wildfire at the store. Lol, kinda like Smokey and the Bandit. Which is another post!

beer can.jpg

I remember Pearl and Coors had cans like that. I still have a bunch of my beer can collection somewhere up in the rafters. Hahaha, by dad got sick and tired of drinking all of the weird beers we brought home. And you couldn't get either one of those because they didn't distribute in the east. Someone would bring cases from Co and TX and they'd go like wildfire at the store. Lol, kinda like Smokey and the Bandit. Which is another post!

View attachment 357636

Lol I still have my beer can collection too

Estes rockets. Spend hours building and painting them. Then launch. Never to see them again. Then realize you can fire directly towards your brother, like a RPG, and Mom takes everything away.
Permanently.

Attachments

• Estes_1979_Catalog_Cover.jpg
    Estes_1979_Catalog_Cover.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 69
Estes rockets. Spend hours building and painting them. Then launch. Never to see them again. Then realize you can fire directly towards your brother, like a RPG, and Mom takes everything away.
Permanently.

That was before those stupid ignitors came out. Fuses were way more adventurous. Lol, we used to duct tape the motors to GI Joes and then run like hell.

That was before those stupid ignitors came out. Fuses were way more adventurous. Lol, we used to duct tape the motors to GI Joes and then run like hell.

Ha Ha. Poor GI Joe. He took all kinds of abuse.
My little sister had a complete collection of what I think was the West, family. Complete set, Dad, Mom, Daughter, Sons, horses, all kinds of accessories. They were usually the target for abusive "experiments", simply because they were hers.
She says she still has the whole set. Probably worth a fortune on Ebay.

I noticed on page one of this thread, you mentioned "Cox" gas powered cars. I had numerous "Cox", control-line gas powered airplanes. You know, the ones that made you dizzy flying them around and around... I once had a "McCoy", 35 engine mounted to just a 6" piece of 2X4, and thought I would start it. Sure enough, fired right up and got away from us. In the house. Flying around the living room like a giant bumblebee. Hitting Mom's stuff on the walls...

Top Bottom