Texas School Shooting Today

A gun is not a tool. It is a weapon. And if you don't agree with that you shouldn't own one. A big part of the problem is gun owners not respecting what they have and treating weapons like toys. I would prefer a world in which everyone could be free to do as they pleased but given the world we live in, the reality is that stupid people hurt more than just themselves as a consequence of their actions, and there is no justice in anyone's kids dying because you couldn't keep track of your 30 firearms at all times and one of them was used to shoot up a school. Your right to bear arms is not > their right to live.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
My right to defend myself>anyone elses attempt at my life. Therefore i will utilize every resource possible to do so.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using WAYALIFE mobile app

And just clarify I do see the glaring difference between toys and tools. Guns should never be treated as toys and should be taken seriously because of the effect they can have. When I was into airsoft milsim pretty heavy I enjoyed the game while I was in game, but when action was stopped and the game wasn't going anymore I always had safety off, and never pointed the toy at anyone because of the connection it holds to the real thing and the poor habits it can build. The problem is that most people can't differentiate the difference between a toy and a tool and that's where the issue is.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

A gun is not a tool. It is a weapon. And if you don't agree with that you shouldn't own one. A big part of the problem is gun owners not respecting what they have and treating weapons like toys. I would prefer a world in which everyone could be free to do as they pleased but given the world we live in, the reality is that stupid people hurt more than just themselves as a consequence of their actions, and there is no justice in anyone's kids dying because you couldn't keep track of your 30 firearms at all times and one of them was used to shoot up a school. Your right to bear arms is not > their right to live.

Before guns, the biggest, baddest guy in the area, made everyone do as he said. If there had been Colt Peacemakers available, there would have never been a feudal system in Europe, unless the population could have been talked into only letting the king have guns.

But by that definition, anything could be a weapon. For God's sake a shovel in the right hands could kill many people. I'm not neseccarily disagreeing with you just sharing my opinion. You can get charged with assault with a deadly weapon if you knock someone into a coma with a textbook. And come on 30 guns? Talk about an extreme. I can trust that my 1 handgun, my 1 shotgun, and my 1 rifle, are locked up in a safe and not being used for a school shooting. It's just proper and responsible gun ownership.

y8JDzxb_d.jpg

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Guns, bombs, knives, aren't going away.

Assholes aren't going away.

Shitty Parents aren't going away.

Mental Illness isn't going away.

Ignorance isn't going away.

Crime isn't going away.

Violent Media & Entertainment aren't going away.

Put armed guards in schools, patrol the entry points and check bags.

Everything else is just argumentative Bullshit that gets nothing done in the short term.

Debatable, and better saved for another thread, but the short answer for me is it's much more realistic and applicable to life today even if it may not be perfect for everyone's needs.

True. I’ve always thought, that there was some merit in Freud’s views, as well as the more modern views, but could never convince myself that all psychological theories were 100% correct.

True. I’ve always thought, that there was some merit in Freud’s views, as well as the more modern views, but could never convince myself that all psychological theories were 100% correct.

I actually further in this paper wrote that one should pull from different theories as they see fit. Freud's theories make some sense but the thought processes behind them are just odd and his more intimate theories are a little disturbing.

Top Bottom