TEXAS: Meet ups/crawling/adventures

Good thing we aren't gonna wheel this weekend. Me and my weak self just hurt myself putting on the front passenger door. Some how the door started to slip out of my hand and when I went to save it, I ended up pulling something in my back and chest and can hardly move around at all. Definitely King jackass of the day award will go to me today. Can't believe I just did that.

But is the door ok? Jk hope its nothing too serious and you can recover quickly.

Thanks man. Luckily the door is ok and I got it on but by that point my back started going out and had no choice. Had to finish putting the door on so I didn't drop it but at the expensive of my back. I'm gonna try to get to the doctor but doesn't look like that will happen today. I can barley stand up much less walk. May be a couple of days till I can make it to the doctor.

Thanks man. Luckily the door is ok and I got it on but by that point my back started going out and had no choice. Had to finish putting the door on so I didn't drop it but at the expensive of my back. I'm gonna try to get to the doctor but doesn't look like that will happen today. I can barley stand up much less walk. May be a couple of days till I can make it to the doctor.

yikes. suck. You should always lift using your back, in a jerking, twisting motion :doh:

all jokes aside, Hope you feel better soon man! back pain SUCKS

Good thing we aren't gonna wheel this weekend. Me and my weak self just hurt myself putting on the front passenger door. Some how the door started to slip out of my hand and when I went to save it, I ended up pulling something in my back and chest and can hardly move around at all. Definitely King jackass of the day award will go to me today. Can't believe I just did that.

Oh crap man! Wont be the first. I smashed my hand one time taking the doors off! I learned for all the other times now lol.
But im glad your not seriously hurt. :thumb:

Thanks guys. I felt like an idiot as soon as it happened. It sure does suck, moving around has been really rough but luckily I just pulled and strained a few muscles. Should be able to move around and feel a bit better later this week. I wish the front doors were as light as the rear doors. I'll be back on feet soon.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Yes lifting with your back and twisting at the same time is the proper way to lift heavy objects.

The first time I took off my doors many years ago, I underestimated the weight of the fronts, lost my grip and dropped one on my big toe. Broke it!

It happens! Glad youre okay!

The first time I took off my doors many years ago, I underestimated the weight of the fronts, lost my grip and dropped one on my big toe. Broke it!

It happens! Glad youre okay!

Damn that had to hurt! I'm glad I didn't do that. I think from here on out I'll get some sort of stool I can stand on to put the doors on so I don't have to try to lift them so high to get them back on.

Worst part about it is we haven't had any rain yet really. It did rain for 5 minutes or so earlier certainly not enough to justify putting doors on and hurting my back. Plus I love driving with the doors off. It better rain or I'm going through all this pain for nothing.

Damn that had to hurt! I'm glad I didn't do that. I think from here on out I'll get some sort of stool I can stand on to put the doors on so I don't have to try to lift them so high to get them back on.

Worst part about it is we haven't had any rain yet really. It did rain for 5 minutes or so earlier certainly not enough to justify putting doors on and hurting my back. Plus I love driving with the doors off. It better rain or I'm going through all this pain for nothing.

How do you store your doors? I to LOVE driving without them, but I don't like leaving them propped up against the wall in the garage. Do you have a solution? Thought about getting "hose hangers" and hanging them from the walls. But will likely wait on that until I have a bigger garage. Something like this

Attachments

• 1457484369152.jpg
    1457484369152.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 57
That will be a great weekend to avoid going out there. The place will be packed and so will the trails. There will be way to many people out there for me. If anyone goes have fun and take lots of pictures.

That will be a great weekend to avoid going out there. The place will be packed and so will the trails. There will be way to many people out there for me. If anyone goes have fun and take lots of pictures.

Sounds like a good weekend for us all to go somewhere else :)

Sounds like a good weekend for us all to go somewhere else :)

More than likely every where will be crowded that weekend. More than likely I'll be chilling at home that weekend, unless we found somewhere that wouldn't be packed. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who won't mind dealing with crowds so I bet y'all could get something going that weekend.

Im heading to HF on the 18th for a bit for a birthday, but I have a different birthday ill be leaving for later that evening so I can't stay the weekend :( couldn't really wheel anyways as i'm sure I'd still be breaking in the rear by then

Im heading to HF on the 18th for a bit for a birthday, but I have a different birthday ill be leaving for later that evening so I can't stay the weekend :( couldn't really wheel anyways as i'm sure I'd still be breaking in the rear by then

Breaking in the new axle will be more exciting than wheeling!!! I can't wait to see it, congrats. Thing is gonna be beefy.

Im reallly debating wether i should attend that one or not. Yes, it will be crowded. But, should be a fun adventure.

True, we should probably go.

This weekend isn't looking to good weather wise right now. Looks like rain Friday and Saturday and cooler temps. What are your thoughts? Maybe try for the following weekend? I could actually do that weekend now, so it's an option for us. Let me know what you wanna do.

True, we should probably go.

This weekend isn't looking to good weather wise right now. Looks like rain Friday and Saturday and cooler temps. What are your thoughts? Maybe try for the following weekend? I could actually do that weekend now, so it's an option for us. Let me know what you wanna do.

If your willing to, im down to do it [emoji41]

I was thinking the same thing. Next weekend sounds fine with me as well :thumb:

Top Bottom